by simvasion

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Sim can't enter apartment

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day My First Pet, Laundry, Toddler, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a household in 21 Chic Street Apartments lot in San Myshuno. 2.Wait for part of the apartment to break. It doesn't matter what the problem is. 3. Click the problem, call landlord to fix it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The landlord just stands in the hallway forever. She doesn't come in and fix the problem(s), just stands there and doesn't move. She can be talked to, and asking her to leave is the only way to get her to move.
What do you expect to see? The landlord should come into the apartment, fix the problems, and then leave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It used to work just fine, but it stopped working yesterday. I'm not sure why, I can't pinpoint the problem. 

I repaired the game and removed all mods, and the problem still occurs. I just want to know how to fix it. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 26 (16,194 Views)

Re: Problem with landlord

Hero

Which apartment is this happening for ? Have you tried different ones ?

Did you also delete your cache files after deleting mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (16,129 Views)

Champion
Did you place any object or furniture down that blocks the path to the broken object? Especially if you used the move objects cheat, like placing curtains over doors or paintings over the object, etc.
Message 3 of 26 (16,117 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's happening in 21 Chic Street Apartments. It's the cheapest lot in the fashion district. I haven't tried different ones. I did delete the cache as well.
Message 4 of 26 (16,104 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm pretty certain that there's nothing blocking the way. All other sims can move through that area, and I didn't use bb.moveobjects in the affected area (living room and kitchen). It happens with all broken objects, too, not just one specific one. 

Message 5 of 26 (16,103 Views)

Hero
Could you test a different apartment ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (16,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tested in a different apartment, 18 Culpepper House. There are less things that break there, but I called the landlord to fix the garbage, and it worked fine.

I also removed all furniture in 21 Chic Street Apartments, and the problem persists. The landlord doesn't appear to have a routing error, at least not caused by anything in the apartment itself.

It also doesn't seem to be a problem with that sim in particular, since she shows up as the landlord for 18 Culpepper House as well, and it works fine there.

Message 7 of 26 (16,076 Views)

Hero

Hi @Linkinnnnnnn 

I tested this in my own game and couldn't find any issues.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (16,025 Views)

Hero

Hi @Linkinnnnnnn 

would you be willing to share your save ? Do you still have issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (15,974 Views)

Neighbour cannot enter my apartment

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Spa Day, Dine Out, StrangerVille, Perfect Patio, Movie Hangout, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Holiday.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a conversation with your neighbour in the hall and click on your apartment floor to chat inside.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim is Salim Benali's neighbour. He's currently a party guest but waves his hand when I try to chat in my apartment. All other guests entered just fine.
What do you expect to see? My neighbour should enter my apartment like the others.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 10 of 26 (16,026 Views)