by gardenlobster

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CL] San Myshuno full of Litter

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.10
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Dine Out, Vampires, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Toddler, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occured after creating a second family and moving it to San Myshuno (21 Chic Street Apartments), in the 'Needs TLC' lot. The first family also lives in the 21 Chic Street Apartments, but in the 'Lively Neighbors' lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The streets are filled with coffee cups and food bought from the vendors. NPC's do not finish eating/drinking and instead of putting it in the trash, they leave it on the ground. Not only is it annoying to look at, but it lowers performance and makes the game very unresponsive. I have experienced this issue on several save files.
What do you expect to see? I expect NPC's to either finish their consumables or atleast throw it in the trashcans. The streets shouldn't have 100+ coffee cups lying around.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (3,593 Views)

Re: [PS4] San Myshuno Litter

EA Staff

Hi @Dongerdyr

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 2 of 17 (3,441 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having this issue on my Mac.

Message 3 of 17 (3,382 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have this happening on PS4 in Oasis Springs with the seasonal vendor. There are food and cups all over near the vendor and sometimes food and even plasma packs are left at the spawn/despawn point on the sidewalk. I was thinking it was from traveling while NPCs took the objects out of their inventory and then they reset when my active sim traveled and just dropped whatever was in their hands. 

Message 4 of 17 (3,370 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file? Thanks so much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 17 (3,342 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] San Myshuno full of Litter

★★★ Guide

I've had this issue for ages. Specifically in the Spice District, the coffee cart on the outside of the park has easily 50-100 cups on the ground.

Message 6 of 17 (3,275 Views)

★★ Novice

It has been quite a while since I played the game and I don't think I have the savefile anymore (I also decided to manually clean everything up). If I experience the issue again I'll make sure to send it. 

Message 7 of 17 (3,230 Views)

★ Guide

I notice this too when I follow one of my sims taking a dog for a walk. Cupcakes and coffees everywhere in the arts district! I'd send my save, but my sims would be bald and in underwear, and lots of things would be missing from the apartment.

Message 8 of 17 (3,223 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] San Myshuno full of Litter

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (3,180 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruIcarus Not sure I did this right, but here is a save file. I play on a Mac, usually with mods, but even without them the trash still appears. There are rows of cups on the sidewalks and uneaten meals on the ground surrounding the vendor stalls. Hope this helps!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xIxBNe4W_QUoZMZ41dLiy1ig5hr3BSDw/view?usp=sharing
Message 10 of 17 (2,901 Views)