Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Repairman Doesn't Repair Broken Objects

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Parenthood Stuff, Spa Day, Strangerville Packs: My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim live in an apartment and have an object break. After the object breaks call the repair service to repair the object.
What happens when the bug occurs? The repairman shows up but the objects are not repairs. I get a notification there is nothing on the lot that needs to be repaired and the repairman is going to the next house. I then have to either replace the objects or repair them myself to get them fixed.
What do you expect to see? The repair service to repair the broken objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. February 4th patch - 1.61.15.1020

See above.

Message 1 of 12 (2,087 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Repairman Doesn't Repair Broken Objects

★★★ Pro

This seems to be working in my game now.

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (2,050 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CL] Repairman Doesn't Repair Broken Objects

Hero
@canelacaliente Tested this in my game and added gremlins to the lot so to make sure stuff breaks.

First night, everything breaks. Called the repair man. She showed up and fixed everything but the talking toilet which shouldn't be broken in the first place (different bug).

Does it matter what objects they were in your case ? Unbreakables or anything ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@crinrict It seems if the talking toilet is on the lot and that is broken the repairman won't fix anything else on the lot.  He will just leave.  Once I replaced the talking toilet, he was able to come back and do the repairs on the other broken objects.  Maybe you can merge with the thread on the talking toilet.  This seems to be related to that bug.

Message 3 of 12 (2,059 Views)

Hero
@canelacaliente She fixed anything else for me. The trouble is more that the toilet for me was unbreakable and while before they would just forever repair it (like the Sims do), repairman now seems to ignore it (which is a plus)

Not sure which thread on talking toilet you're referring to

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (2,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@crinrict The repairman doesn't repair anything else on the lot if the talking toilet is broken.  I just have other items on the lot that are regular.  No objects on the lot are upgraded to unbreakable.  As soon as a replace the toilet, the repairman can do repairs.

I thought there was another thread on the talking toilet.  I can't find it now.

Message 5 of 12 (2,005 Views)

Hero
@canelacaliente All I can say is that it did for me. Which talking one of the talking toilets are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,978 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict I am referring to the Potty Mouth 2.0.  That one is not listed as unbreakable in my game.  The lot my Sims are living in is the 122 Hakim House apartment.

Message 7 of 12 (1,953 Views)

Hero
@canelacaliente Are you clicking on the broken item to call repairman or the phone menu ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,944 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict I tried both and I received the same result.  I would get the message letting me know there was nothing to repair on the lot if the talking toilet was broken.  If I replaced the talking toliet with another, the repairman was able to repair other items on the lot.

Message 9 of 12 (1,932 Views)

Hero
@canelacaliente Really weird. I tried several times now, in the apartment you said and otherwise and the repairman always fixed everything but the eletroncial part of the talking toilet (which I have no manual option to fix so I'm guessing it shouldn't break in the first place).

Waiting for other reports on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,924 Views)