Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Recipes "Normal" when Excellent is expected

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Prepare a CL recipe at home
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims prepare a CL recipe
What do you expect to see? I expect my Master Chef to be able to prepare "excellent" meals to sell in her bakery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. GF and last patch.

When my Master Chef prepares CL recipes they have previously always turned out "excellent." Now they only seem to be normal. I tried saving her to my library and starting a new "Save" in a new "The Sims 4" folder. She still makes normal CL recipes. She has a garden will all perfect plants, so her ingredients are high quality.

This is effecting my Celebrity Sim who has the "Refined Palate" quirk. I had hoped they could buy CL meals at my Master Chef's bakery, but then discovered that CL meals are only coming out "normal."

Edit: This seems to effect any recipe prepared when the "Refined Pallet" is present in the household. It seem to be effected by the mood of the Sim cooking.

Message 1 of 12 (2,318 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Recipes "Normal" when Excellent is expected

★ Pro

I haven't noticed this being a problem since the last patch and IL. 

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (2,147 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Food Stall recipes always "Normal" when prepared at

Hero

I just tried this with my Level 10 cook. Cooked some Ramen.

He's neither a Master Chef nor was I using high ingredients. Meal was excellent. 

Second test, cheated him the aspiration and it still was excellent (no on the ingredients, don't have a garden currently)

Does it happen to all CL recipes for you or only certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:

I just tried this with my Level 10 cook. Cooked some Ramen.

He's neither a Master Chef nor was I using high ingredients. Meal was excellent. 

Second test, cheated him the aspiration and it still was excellent (no on the ingredients, don't have a garden currently)

Does it happen to all CL recipes for you or only certain ones ?

Thank you @crinrict After the holidays I'll do some testing with a new save and new sims. 

Now I'm wondering if it's my Sims. I never play my Master Chef unless I want to update the bakery. Bakery and Chef have been in my game since GT (lots of Ambrosia). Maybe time for a new baker and bakery. There are Sims in my game who never cook. They buy all their meals out or at the bakery. Thought my picky Celebrities could buy their meals at the bakery, too.

Message 3 of 12 (2,258 Views)

★ Pro

1) This seems to be related to having a Celebrity with the "Refined Palate" trait in the household and the mood of the Sim cooking. If they have any negative moodlets or an unrelated to the meal moodlets the meal may turn out Normal. "Seems." "May." If an energized Sim bakes an Apple Pie and there is a Celebrity in the household with the "Refined Palate" trait there is a chance of the pie being Normal. 

2) This seems to happen more often with recipes that are not basegame. 

3) I think my bakery and Master Chef need replacing. Frown Had them a long time. Oh, well. 

Message 4 of 12 (2,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks for testing. I'll add as needs input to see if others are seeing this too.

EDIT: Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (2,193 Views)

★ Pro

Refined Palate plus Energized = Normal recipe. Sim has the Stove and Grill Master trait and Level 9 Cooking. This only happens in Celebrity households with the Refined Palate trait.

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 7.18.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 7.18.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 7.20.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 7.18.58 PM.png

Message 6 of 12 (2,168 Views)

Champion

Are you sure this is a bug? Cooking is always a random chance dice roll on quality. You're just more likely to get good results if you have - a positive mood, cooking enhancing traits, good quailty ingredients and high quality cooking appliances. But I don't think there's ever a 100% chance to always get better food.

palate.jpg

To test, I used Judith Ward, because she's a celeb in my game with the refined palate quirk, and I tried to get her in an Inspired mood (which is the best for cooking), but her other quirks overrided her mood with confidence.

I couldn't get Stoves and Grills Master trait to see if that did anything (not enough aspiration points). But I made her visit a City Living stall and learn Sweet and Sour Pork.

Judith starts with zero cooking skill, and makes a normal quality one, which is impressive. Her next two with level 1 skill are poor quality.

But then I cheated her skill level up to nine and she made an excellent quality version. So it is possible to get excellent quality. Even when she had negative moodlets for tense from not looking in a mirror and badly needing to pee. No special ingredients used and her stove and fridge were the Schmapple really expensive kitchen things.

Not sure what is meant by "expected" though, I don't expect to always make excellent quality meals (it's random chance, multiplied by positive factors), but your bug report sounded like you never ever get excellent or higher meals?

Maybe someone can test it with the reward trait too, just in case that is not working correctly. I have chef sims with it, but they're not currently celebrities or have any quirks in my save.

Message 7 of 12 (2,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Up until GF, once my Sims had a high level of cooking skill plus better quality appliances and ingredients they were always able to cook excellent meals. The only exception has been if they have a negative moodlet like "uncomfortable" or "tense." If they're "angry" they can make "excellent" "Flaming Spaghetti."

Food quality has only been random when eating out. So, I expect for my skilled cooks to make "excellent" quality meals. I expect my Master Chef with the "Stoves and Grills Master" trait to always make "excellent" meals and sometimes make "impeccable" meals. That's why she has a Bakery where my less skilled Sims can buy high quality meals that don't spoil. Been doing this since GTW without a problem. I have Sims in my game who never cook. They eat out or buy meals from the Bakery.

If this has been deliberately changed it should be explicitly stated by the dev team. 

Why bother going to all the trouble of reaching Master Chef, maxing out cooking, gourmet cooking, baking, gardening and getting the Stoves and Grills Master trait, if the quality of meals will only be random? I worked hard to master all of those skills. I worked hard to have a perfect garden. I worked hard to fill my Bakery with high quality meals. Not one cheat was involved. If suddenly it's just random chance, that's not ok.

Message 8 of 12 (2,140 Views)

Champion
It’s not suddenly random, it’s always been that way, I’m just saying that a normal
meal from a master chef once in a while doesn’t seem like a bug.

They should have a very high chance of making excellent meals every time. But your bug post seems to say your sim is only making normal quality all the time for City Living recipes and never excellent?

But when we tested it our sims made excellent meals. So can you clarify? That’s what my post was about.
Message 9 of 12 (2,112 Views)

★ Pro

@simvasion wrote:
It’s not suddenly random, it’s always been that way, I’m just saying that a normal
meal from a master chef once in a while doesn’t seem like a bug.

They should have a very high chance of making excellent meals every time. But your bug post seems to say your sim is only making normal quality all the time for City Living recipes and never excellent?

But when we tested it our sims made excellent meals. So can you clarify? That’s what my post was about.

I'm trying to figure out what happen, why it happen and if it's intended or unintended or if it's a problem with my save. I don't want to debate.

Formally I would have looked to the forums to help sort this out as I, indeed, do not know if this is a bug. I don't like AHQ. It makes me nervous to post here and so I find it unhelpful. I have probably not made myself clear.  

I'd delete this and start over, but I don't know how. 

Message 10 of 12 (2,094 Views)