Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Outlines change after entering build mode in Medina Studio

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expasions, game packs and stuff packs are installed. No "Island Living" so far because it isn't released yet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to world "San Myshuno" and enter the lot "Medina Studios 910" (where the Benali Household lives by default) and/or "Medina Studios 930" in Build mode! You don't have to change anything, just enter and go back to world map. Notice: The issue doesn't happen when entering the lot in Live mode!
What happens when the bug occurs? After entering the lot "Medina Studios 910" and/or "Medina Studios 930" in Build Mode and returning to world map view hover over the apartment preview of both lots. Their highlighted outlines have changed into a weird shape which don't fit the actual apartments (see the blue highligted outlines of the apartments in attached screenshots).
What do you expect to see? Fitting outline shape of the apartment I hover over with my mouse after I entered the lot in Build mode and return back to Manage worlds / world map.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue appeared after patch from 18th of June

I tested this with mods / custom content installed and without on a brand new created Sims 4 folder (under documents) and a new save. The issue appeared on all tests. 

Message 1 of 20 (2,735 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Outlines change after entering build mode in Medina Studi

Hero
This issue looks fixed to me.

Marking as solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (2,747 Views)

All Replies

Apartment rooms not fully highlighted when hovering for them

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When on the world selection page click on san myshuno. Then go to the arts quarter and click on the building called medina studios.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the bug occurs the room on the right and the one on the bottom the highlighted blue border is weirdly cut through the middle of them
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the blue border go around the entire room
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the update of June 18th 2019

Here is an image of the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/qxWuYJ1?s=sms

Edit: I'm glad i'm not the only one with this issue!

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 2 of 20 (2,666 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Outlines change after entering build mode in Medina Stu

★★ Pro

I see this too and for me it happened after I bulldozed Salim Benali's apartment at 910 Medina Studios and replaced it with a modified version from my library.

Message 3 of 20 (2,623 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Outlines change after entering build mode in Medina Stu

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (2,606 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Outlines change after entering build mode in Medina Studi

★★★★ Guide
@crinrictLadyFu83 I noticed this when I loaded up the game today. It seems to be a glitch only with Salim's place. I've tried playing with the neighbors' apartments and I've never encountered it before.
Message 5 of 20 (2,568 Views)

★ Guide
@bookmaster325 @bookmaster325
Nope, it's not only Salim's home but Medina Studio 930, too. I tested this and got the outline glitch after entering the apartment in build mode and leaving. But this was before I installed Island Living. Have to test it with the expansion again.
Message 6 of 20 (2,566 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LadyFu83 Yes, the outline glitch is for that apt. as well. I meant I played in that other house (and entered build mode) before and never had this glitch. But, that was pre-patch. Indeed, I also think it's more related to the 6/18 patch. I don't have IL installed at the moment, so I'll leave that testing to you and others. :D
Message 7 of 20 (2,534 Views)

★ Guide

I can confirm the outline glitch for both apartments (Medina Studios) is still there with Island Living installed.

Message 8 of 20 (2,524 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrictLadyFu83 I have the same issue. It looks like the highlighted outlines around several of the apartments are wrong. I've noticed in addition to Medina, there's something wonky with one of the Alto Apartments too. Not sure if this all happened after replacing several with online lots, or if it happened right after an update.
Message 9 of 20 (2,381 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It also happens in Jasmine Suite Apartments.

This glitch happened right after patch 81.

Message 10 of 20 (2,318 Views)