by The_Ratticator

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Japanese and Moroccan Townies Mostly Red or Blonde-Haired

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current expansions and packs, except for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Observe the townies that spawn, most notably while playing in the Fashion or Art Districts of San Myshuno.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Japanese and Moroccan townie archetypes are still weighted in favor of red or blonde hair.
What do you expect to see? Less weighting in favor of red or blonde hair for the Japanese and Moroccan archetypes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.68.154.1020

Admittedly, this townie archetype fixation was fixed at least partially by the latest update, but it's still noticeable. While it used to be about 90% of the time, the Japanese and Moroccan townie archetypes are still weighted in favor of red or blonde hair over black hair between 60 and 70% of the time. And more often than not, if I age down an elder with a Japanese or Moroccan name, they'll have red or blonde hair. I have never once seen brown hair among either archetype. For comparison, Sims with Indian names, from my observations, are dark-haired the vast majority of the time.

This was tested on an unmodded file.

Update: This issue is now infinitely worse after the installation of Snowy Escape. It is extremely noticeable. We're right back to red or blonde hair for these archetypes at least 90% of the time.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 24 (3,554 Views)

Re: Japanese and Moroccan Townies Still Mostly Red or Blonde-Haired

Hero
@The_Ratticator Is this on a fresh save or the one you already had ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (3,532 Views)

★★ Guide

It was on a fresh save that I made just to test the townie generation.

Message 3 of 24 (3,529 Views)

Hero
@The_Ratticator OK. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (3,524 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't have Snowy Escape yet, but I've been watching a few let's plays and noticing this happening in Mt. Komorebi as well. I've seen a significant number of red or blonde-haired Japanese townies, vendors, and even pizza delivery Sims spawning in that world. I also saw confirmation of Moroccan townies being affected in the form of a family who had a blonde-haired Moroccan landlord before moving to Mt. Komorebi. Can anyone who has Snowy Escape confirm if they've been seeing this?

Message 5 of 24 (3,429 Views)

★ Guide

I would like to add to this. Since Snowy Escape is installed, most townies are Japanese: the gardener, the mail man, the vendors, all the people at the movie scene of Get Famous, all the new generated celenbrities, therapists at the SPA, .... Most of them are blonde or red haired. The only non Japanese characters that are generated are families in San Myshuno (the classic young adult + toddler).

Message 6 of 24 (3,377 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Japanese and Moroccan Townies Mostly Red or Blonde-Haired

★★★ Apprentice

The same thing is happening in my game. All the Asian sims have either blonde or red hair. Also all the newly spawned sims are Japanese especially in dorms.

Message 7 of 24 (3,349 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Japanese and Moroccan Townies Mostly Red or Blonde-Haired

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Now that I have Snowy Escape, I can confirm that this issue is now infinitely worse. Dark-haired Japanese Sims are very much the minority. Almost all of them, at any given time, have red or blonde hair, usually blonde. And with Japanese Sims spawning as often as they do if Snowy Escape is installed, it is especially noticeable. Should the title be updated to also include this as a Snowy Escape issue?

Message 8 of 24 (3,127 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm really concerned about how this issue, along with this one and this one, has yet to be laundry listed. I don't know how a totally broken townie generator, one that has been broken for years now, is not considered to be a "top concern." The townie generator is important, populating the world, and it needs to be working properly! Given how the pre-set townies die off eventually, spawned townies become particularly important for things like legacy challenges.

Message 9 of 24 (2,960 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've been doing the 100 baby challenge and have noticed this being the case in my own game. It's so frustrating. Ever since buying SE, pretty much 9 out of 10 townies are spawning with Japanese names and the lightest blonde hair color. Luckily enough I still have some of the premade townies but once they're gone my entire game is going to be taken over like this. How has this been broken for so long and not been acknowledged?

Message 10 of 24 (2,924 Views)