by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Half Wall Trim shows through wall in IX Landgraab apartment

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: seasons, city living, cats and dogs, get together, get to work, get famous Game packs: parenthood, spa day, joungle adventure, outdoor retreat, dine out Stuff packs: movie hangout, cool kitchen, romantic garden, vintage glamour, bowling night, laundry day, backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the IX Landgraab apartment in the Uptown District and look for a thing sticking out through the wall on the second floor, as shown in the screenshot attached
What happens when the bug occurs? An item is sticking through the wall
What do you expect to see? No item sticking through the wall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There is some item sticking through the wall in the IX Landgraab apartment in the Uptown district on the second floor, as shown in the attached screenshot. I've looked at some youtube speedbuilds and it looks like it wasn't there 2 years ago, but it was definietly there a year ago already.

Message 1 of 8 (2,016 Views)

Re: An item sticking through the wall in the IX Landgraab apartment

★ Guide

That's the half wall from the other apartment (VIII Landgraab). It's annoying that it sticks through, so I hope it gets fixed. But if you want to get rid of it now, you can enter the other apartment in build mode and delete it.

Message 2 of 8 (1,930 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Oh, that's interesting. Brings me to an issue I've posted about yesterday on the forum, here

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934752/feedback-share-with-us-what-you-would-want-to-see...

about how I wish that wood/stone on top of half walls didn't stick out. Thanks for letting me know

Message 3 of 8 (1,923 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for that link and also for posting that on the forum! It would be really nice if the half walls get a bit of attention.

Message 4 of 8 (1,869 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Tagging @BryonyRae for this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,854 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I see this in my game as well.  Will add to our list as Needs Input to see if more people are bothered by it.  As mentioned, the work around is to edit the neighboring apartment and remove the half wall from the bathroom.

Message 6 of 8 (1,781 Views)

san myshuno VIII Landgraab

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get to Work, Dine Out, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to VIII Landgraab In San Myshuno and try to build in the upstairs area, There's a half wall sticking through the wall in my apartment from the other apartment and of course I can't delete it because it's not my area.
What happens when the bug occurs? The top of the half wall sticks through the wall.
What do you expect to see? There should not be walls interfering with my lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get to Work, Dine Out, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to VIII Landgraab In San Myshuno and try to build in the upstairs area, There's a half wall sticking through the wall in my apartment from the other apartment and of course I can't delete it because it's not my area.
What happens when the bug occurs? The top of the half wall sticks through the wall.
What do you expect to see? There should not be walls interfering with my lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Message 7 of 8 (1,568 Views)

Re: san myshuno VIII Landgraab

Hero
@rainbowchikk25 I merged this with the existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,526 Views)