by lepetitemais

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Fireworks causes fireplaces to set objects on fire

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, OR, SD, DO, PH, JA, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, VGSP, LDSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place fireplace, place object within one square in front of fireplace, light, order fireworks, go outside, light fireworks. If this fails, put the fire out and light it again, light fireworks. Repeat until mayhem.
What happens when the bug occurs? Object in front of fireplace catches fire. Sometimes, all fireplaces on the lot with an object in front of them catches fire at once.
What do you expect to see? I expect fireworks not to start fires in unrelated fireplaces.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Fire safety is important, but this is not the way to spread awareness.

Don't let SimGuruMorgan design.

Thank you.

https://youtu.be/oN0F8hmjYHM

Message 1 of 5 (707 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Fireworks causes fireplaces to set objects on fire

★★★★★ Guide

@lepetitemais  Wow. Kudos on making this discovery! That puts a lot of my own fires into perspective. This has definitely happened to me as well, but I couldn't make the connection until I saw your post and video! I just checked the date of a picture I took of a fire that was certainly caused by this bug and it dates from November 2018. (After lighting some fireworks on a street in the countryside of Windenburg, my entire farmstead went up in flames that was located miles away.)

Well done!

Message 2 of 5 (641 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DMDragonCT Thank you! *blushing* It has had quite the effect on the new years eve mood these past couple of sim-years... Haha.
Message 3 of 5 (627 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@lepetitemais  Oh, I can imagine, yes. In that great fire I mentioned on my farm in Windenburg, where four fireplaces were lit at the same time, the old grandfather who was back home alone died in it.

I guess a possible workaround for this problem is to always remember to extinguish every fireplace on the active lot before setting off fireworks anywhere. It would, of course, be preferable that this issue were addressed and fixed. 

Message 4 of 5 (600 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DMDragonCT Oh no! That's terrible, what a dark turn, made me a bit sad actually. Frown

I'd really like to see it fixed, since I have a lot of fireplaces in my rotational game play, many holidays with fireworks traditions and the memory of a gold fish... Wink But yeah, as a temporary fix that would definitely work.
Message 5 of 5 (598 Views)