Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] [GF] [CL] Live streaming games gives Influence

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be a celebrity live streaming a video game in the social media career
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims earns non stop influence points 4 at a time every couple seconds while live streaming a video game on the PC rather then earning little bits of money.
What do you expect to see? The sim should not be earning eco lifestyle voting points but money
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims is in the social media career in the internet personality branch. I've gotten well over 4000 influence points just live streaming a video game for a few hours and 0 simoleans.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 2 of 10 (3,143 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [GF] [CL] Live streaming games gives Influence

Community Manager (retired)

This was an intended design change, to give influence instead of money. However, the amount of influence you were receiving was way too much, which has been fixed in today's new patch Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (2,314 Views)

All Replies

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [ECO] Extreme Amount of Votes Gained from Let's Play

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim in the social media career do a Let's Play.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will gain 4 influence points every few Sim minutes.
What do you expect to see? The number of influence points gained to be toned down.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See the video below:

Message 1 of 10 (3,139 Views)

Livestreaming games gives influence (eco living), no money

★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? Latest - Nov 17th patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampires, Magic and Star Wars.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the social media career livestream a game on PC or console.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim gains influence instead of money in regular intervals while doing the action (influence has replaced money)
What do you expect to see? The sim earns money while livestreaming (and possibly influence too if the team intended so after Eco Living was released)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 3 of 10 (3,015 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [ECO] Extreme Amount of Votes Gained from Let's Play

★★★ Pro
Message 4 of 10 (2,978 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] [GF] [CL] Live streaming games gives Influence

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I see this on PS5 as well. My live streaming sim has thousands of influence from a few live streams.

The Sims™ 4_20210221205636.jpg

Message 5 of 10 (2,829 Views)

Neighborhood Influence bug

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
What is your current game version number? Latest (as of 2021-03-08)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start a livestream on your sims computer
What happens when the bug occurs? You get 4 Neighborhood Influence every 2 seconds.
What do you expect to see? Well I got 1900 neighborhood influence in 2 sims hours.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

You never get to worry about neighborhood influence if you can live stream, they just spam all over your screen

Message 6 of 10 (2,775 Views)

Re: Neighborhood Influence bug

Hero (Retired)
@Ferren I've merged your post into the bug report. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post.
Message 7 of 10 (2,764 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] [GF] [CL] Live streaming games gives Influence

★ Pro

Just saw this in my game last night. My goodness, 4 influence points every couple of seconds was a wild ride. I cancelled that livestream pretty darn quickly after noticing how fast and furious those points were coming.  I have NPC voting turned off and absolutely no NAPs active in any world so I don't have a need for a gazillion influence points, lol.  Even if I did need points, the rate at which they are awarded for livestreaming sure seems excessive. 

My sim is at the top of the eSports branch of the Tech Guru career. Play on PC; English; all content released to date installed; game version 1.71.86.1020 and have never used mods/cc. Neglected to take pic but appears there are several in the thread already. 

Message 8 of 10 (2,658 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

This was an intended design change, to give influence instead of money. However, the amount of influence you were receiving was way too much, which has been fixed in today's new patch Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 10 (2,315 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Adding the notes for completion sake

Sims enrolled in the Social Media career will now gain influence at the end of their
stream instead of every few Sim-minutes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,309 Views)