by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [DO] "Restaurant" interaction under Friendly tree

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two sims near each other, particularly an adult sim and a child sim. Have the adult sim try a "Friendly" interaction with the child sim. Under the "Friendly" interaction tree, there is (for me in only one of my households) an interaction that says "Restaurant".
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims involved act normal and the game runs normally. The only thing that isn't right is upon clicking on the child sim to perform a Friendly action, an interaction called "Restaurant" appears. Clicking this interaction causes the sims to do something random. The first time clicking the Restaurant interaction caused the two sims to talk and then hug. The second time clicking th this interaction, the sims talked and sat on a couch to continue talking.
What do you expect to see? The Friendly tree should have the set interactions that belong in the tree. "Restaurant" is not one of them so I expect not to see that listed as an interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This seems to be isolated to only one of my many households in my Sims 4 game overall. I save each household I create in different save files. There is a screenshot attached that depicts the issue when it first occurred. Also, as previously indicated (though I want to mention again) I did have mods installed when this first occurred but I have since removed all mods and custom content.

Message 1 of 13 (1,547 Views)

Re: "Restaurant" interaction under Friendly tree

Champion

Is the sim you are controlling in the Critic career? I know that my critic is able to "Recommend Hangout" and one of the options is "Restaurant". But it's usually placed under the "Recommend Hangout" option and not just "Restaurant" on its own under Friendly.

I don't know if they are meant to be able to recommend these to kids.

Message 2 of 13 (1,498 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That is an excellent point and I think that may be my issue. My adult sim in question is indeed in the critic career. I'm going to say that I think that's the reason it's there because it makes a lot of sense. Thanks so much for your insight!

Message 3 of 13 (1,495 Views)

Hero
Could you try changing the career for testing purposes to see if it goes away ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,472 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sure Standard smile

Message 5 of 13 (1,436 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] "Restaurant" interaction under Friendly tree

Hero
Giving this a nudge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,411 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Been busy, going to test now.
Message 7 of 13 (1,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I changed my problem sim's career from the critic path and, as a result, the "Restaurant" interaction was not under the Friendly interaction tree any longer.

Message 8 of 13 (1,369 Views)

Hero
The interaction seem ok, it's just the placement that seems off. I'll try to test this.

Thanks for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (1,361 Views)

Champion

I think it's simply just the way the critic recommend option works. It's a friendly social that's usually under a sub-menu called "recommend hangout". I think just "Restaurant" is showing for children because the other options include "Bar" and "Nightclub" and as they aren't child appropriate I guess they don't show up. And since it's the only option, "Restaurant" just shows up without being in a submenu because there's no point subdividing it just for one option.

Message 10 of 13 (1,349 Views)