by delelise

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Clipping hair through Outfit

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into Cas and put the long hair from city living onto a sim and add the city living dress that has a slit in it and comes down to a triangle.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hair clips through the dress
What do you expect to see? The hair outside the outfit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Long City Living hair clipping through City Living dress that has a slit and comes to a triangle at the bottom. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,736 Views)

Re: Clipping hair through City Living Outfit

★★★★ Guide

Got a chance to check this issue out. First, it's a long hair from Outdoor Retreat, not City Living, paired with the slit dress from CL as mentioned in the report. And yes, it does clip at the shoulders. Attaching a screenshot showing the evidence in my CAS as well. 

Message 2 of 5 (1,692 Views)

Hero
I've added this (bit unsure if we already have it though - CAS Assets tend to become a blurr) :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,661 Views)

★★ Pro

This has always been a pretty common issue, I think with long hair, because I can remember this sort of thing happening to me in Sims 3. You can see the same issue with long hairstyles and hooded sweatshirts, except the hair clips the hood in the back then.

If the hair didn't clip, you'd likely end up with it floating oddly away from the chest of the Sim. It has to do with weights and the mesh, I think. Someone who creates custom content hair could probably explain better than me what's going on, but I don't think there's really any good solution to a problem like this.

Message 4 of 5 (1,626 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Clipping hair through Outfit

★ Apprentice

Also happens with GF hair. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,477 Views)