by procrastideity

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] 'Chat about work twice with coworkers' not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Cook Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be in the Public Relations branch of the Social Media career and choose "work from home" several days in a row.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of the "work from home" tasks is " Chat about work twice with coworkers." When you hover over this task for detail, all of the interactions it lists are not available when interacting with a co-worker Sim.
What do you expect to see? I would not expect to see this work task for a Social Media career Sim. These social interactions are typically only available to Sims in the "business" career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The listed potential actions to fulfill this work-from-home requirement are listed in the screenshot I've attached. As I mentioned, there's no way to fulfill this with a coworker Sim. The only work related social options available are "discuss work" and "complain about work," which do not fulfill the work-from-home requirement. 

I saw another thread that was similar to this issue, but it hadn't been posted to since November. Feel free to merge if need be, but I didn't want to play thread necromancer. 

One option that has been provided is to simply send the Sim to work, however, this Sim is my "100 baby challenge" Matriarch, and one of the requirements of the challenge is to force her only to work from home. So sending her to work would effectively break the challenge rules. 

@crinrict if there's any other information I can provide that would help you and the team identify/reproduce/resolve this issue, please let me know. I can provide saves or other screenshots if needed. I have already tried repairing my game which did not work. Here is the thread I referred to that also mentioned this problem: Issues with Work from Home Tasks

Message 1 of 5 (3,770 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] 'Chat about work twice with coworkers' not working

Hero
Thanks for the new thread.

Most of the issues in that collection thread are still open. I just closed the collection thread cause it wasn't useful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (3,709 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] 'Chat about work twice with coworkers' not working

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (3,669 Views)

★★ Novice

For real, have there been any actual solutions to this problem? I've had this occur several times, in several saves, and I am so frustrated. 

I understand that there is a lot to be done with this game, but it has been a very long time. I'd love to actually be able to play this game without constant glitches like this. 

Message 4 of 5 (3,155 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think the reason for this is that the interactions that count towards the task are those exclusive to those working in Business.

Which makes zero sense because this is a Social Media task.

Message 5 of 5 (2,652 Views)