Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] [CD] No vet clinics in San Myshuno

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion and game pack and 2 thirds of the stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try BUYING a vet clinic that is placed on a roof top in San Myshuno.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot buy a vet clinic that is based on a rooftop. When I travel there the clinic works just fine with vets working there. But I cannot buy the lot as a vet clinic. This does not depend on the lot type it is set to (either as a vet or a residential lot). I tried buying the lot as a restaurant or retail store (after changing the lot type) and that also works just fine. The problem only occurs with vet clinics...
What do you expect to see? That I can buy the vet clinic on the rooftop just as I could buy a restaurant or a retail store.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I cannot buy a vet clinic that is based on a rooftop. When I travel there the clinic works just fine with vets working there. But I cannot buy the lot as a vet clinic. This does not depend on the lot type it is set to (either as a vet or a residential lot). I tried buying the lot as a restaurant or retail store (after changing the lot type) and that also works just fine. The problem only occurs with vet clinics...

Message 1 of 12 (3,713 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] [CL] [CD] No vet clinics on rooftops in San Myshuno

[ Edited ]
Hero

Vet Clinics can no longer be placed in Penthouses.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Probably not the fix one has hoped for but it's what EA decided to go with

EDIT

For those already having a vet lot on the rooftop lots, download another lot type house from the gallery to fix the existing lot type

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (2,678 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @hallo1605

as discussed in the German forum, I do think this must be a bug as it makes no sense that restaurants and retail work and clinics not.

I'll add on the next round.

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (3,629 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict

i am just wondered what "adding on the next round" means?

Will this bug actually be fixed? And how long will that take? Weeks or months?

Thank you for all your support!

Happy New Year

Message 3 of 12 (3,565 Views)

Hero

I have no control over what's fixed when. I'm just collecting. I will add this to the compiled list when I next add stuff there. I don't add stuff everyday so the next round basically means, my next bug adding round.

This is separate from the actual bug fixing though. QA reads here though and I forward stuff.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (3,560 Views)

Hero

I've added this to the compiled list now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (3,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Vet Clinics can no longer be placed in Penthouses.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Probably not the fix one has hoped for but it's what EA decided to go with

EDIT

For those already having a vet lot on the rooftop lots, download another lot type house from the gallery to fix the existing lot type

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (2,679 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello @crinrict!

First of all, thank you for the amazing work and help that you provide in the Sims Community!

I am replying in this thread because I recently came across a problem with Vet Clinics in penthouses. Previous to the June uptade, I had placed a Vet Clinic in a penthouse (not for my sims to own, just for them to visit when their pets got sick). When I read the  patch notes and saw that "Vet Clinics can no longer be placed in penthouses" I went in the game and tried to remove the vet clinic I had in the penthouse so it wouldn't mess up the save file I've been working on for months now. However, I couldn't do so... It does not let me change the lot type. I have no mods and no CC in my game.

Do you know if there are any cheats or so that I could try? I'm affraid to ruin my save file and all the backups I have, aready have the vet clinic placed...

Once more, thank you for everything Standard smile

Message 7 of 12 (2,633 Views)

Hero
@Simmer1304h Can you just bulldoze it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (2,612 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for responding so fast! ^^
I can buldoze it. I did but it still won't let me change the Lot Type. The only difference I gather is that now it says that the lot is incomplete. :/ (Sending a picture of it too)

Sorry for bothering you with this minor subject and thank you for your help!

A hug from Portugal

Message 9 of 12 (2,597 Views)

Hero
@Simmer1304h That seems a bit of a problem ... Guess they didn't think of existing games when they fixed this.

Guess you already tried but can you place a random lot from the gallery that might help changing the lot type ?

Maybe a restaurant or retail (if you have those packs)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (2,584 Views)