Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Apartment Communicator Doesn't Show Festival Information

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University Realm Of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at any Newfangled Apartment Communicator. Select Read About Festival.
What happens when the bug occurs? Looking at the Communicator and selecting 'Read About Festival' provides an activity timer in my activity queue. When the timer completes, it leaves the activity queue without providing information about a festival.
What do you expect to see? I expect the 'Read About Festival' interaction to summon the Festival Information window.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a save made specifically to show this bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 14 (1,706 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [City Living] Apartment Communicator Doesn't Show Festival Information

Hero

“Read about Festival” now consistently displays festival information.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (1,307 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Seshete Does the festival take place in the same neighborhood as your Sims lives or not or is this when no festival is taking place yet ?

I tested my game before a festival and had no issues with the info popping up.

Could you test a another save if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've tested it when no festival is occurring yet, and I've tested it both in San Myshuno homes and in homes in other neighbourhoods (using bb.showhiddenobjects to get the newfangled apartment communicator).

I don't recall having tested it when a festival is actually occurring, I'll have to test that and get back to you.

Message 3 of 14 (1,643 Views)

Hero
@Seshete So you place the object to your house from buydebug, not the ones in the actual apartment buildings ?

Guessing they probably are non-functional like many other buydebug items.

Do the ones in the apartment buildings work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It happens both to apartment ones and ones I buy from buydebug. At the start of last year, both communicators placed by Maxis in the San Myshuno buildings worked as expected, and so did ones bought through buydebug.

Now neither ones placed by Maxis into the San Myshuno houses work, nor do ones I place.

The save I've made is in one of the San Myshuno apartments, and demonstrates the misbehaviour.

My test character lives in Culpepper Apartments in the spice district of San Myshuno. (Specifically the TLC one, if it matters)

On Sunday, the chase light was active on the communicator, but using it got the faulty result.

I didn't think to check it before my character left for work on Monday. After work I was surprised: it correctly showed the impending Humour and Hijinks Festival. Testing it after the festival began also provided the correct result.

This has me rethinking the way the communicator works. It seems to have changed some time between City Living coming out, and now.

THEN:

• There was a chase light on the frame of the communicator. Its default state was inactive.
  • The chase light became active when there was an upcoming (or current) festival.
  • When you clicked on a communicator with a chase light, you got the option 'Read About Festival'.
  • Selecting 'Read About Festival' provided information about the upcoming or current festival.
  • You had about a day's notice of an upcoming festival, during which time the chase light was active.
  • The chase light was off when there was no upcoming or current festival within the next day or so.
  • You got warning about a festival the day before.

NOW:

• There is always an active chase light on the frame of the communicator.
  • When you click on a communicator it always offers 'Read About Festival'.
  • Most of the time, clicking on 'Read About Festival' provides nothing - neither an information window nor a notice that says 'no festivals right now'.
  • At least once, clicking on 'Read About Festival' provided an information board for a festival that would start in the next hour.
  • At least once, clicking on 'Read About Festival' provided the information that there is a current festival.
  • Having no way of predicting a festival sucks.
  • Having no way of knowing when 'Read About Festival' is going to help you sucks.

If this change is accidental, it's bug report time.

If this change is deliberate, I want to Gibbs-slap someone.

Thank you.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 5 of 14 (1,599 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I see that this is listed as 'needs input' but I haven't been asked to provide a save. Is there some other input you need from me?
Cricint has specifically said not to provide a save unless asked, which is why I haven't provided one.

Message 6 of 14 (1,387 Views)

Hero
@Seshete That's fine. QA will ask if they need saves.

Needs Input is basically a call for more people to chime in.. It doesn't have a lot of me toos yet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (1,378 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ahhh. That makes sense. I'll just put up with it and try to work around it.

(Adding 'holidays' to the calendar when festivals come around.)

Message 8 of 14 (1,346 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Pro
@Seshete I just make notes at the end of the community lot descriptions.

For instance, Planet Honey Pop has: GeekCon Tue1, Romance Festival Sat2. My seasons are set for two weeks, so that means that the GeekCon takes place on the first Tuesday of each season and the Romance Festival takes place the second Saturday.
Message 9 of 14 (1,337 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Sketch793 I have one-week seasons, so in spring and autumn (fall) I have a holiday called GeekCon, and in summer and winter I have a holiday called Romance Festival.

But it would have been a nice touch for EA to have those events in the calendar. They have the Get Famous events in the calendar, so it's obvious that it can be done.

Island festivals on the calendar would also be a nice touch.
Message 10 of 14 (1,290 Views)