by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CL] 19 Culpepper House Missing Windows and Door

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? As of the time of posting I own ALL DLC packs EXCEPT for StangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit any of the Apartments in the Culpepper House building except for 19 Culpepper House. Then view 19 Culpepper House from the outside facing the balcony.
What happens when the bug occurs? The windows and door on the balcony belonging to 19 Culpepper House will not be visible. Instead the wall will be blank. When viewed from any other Lot in the Spice District the windows and door show correctly. In addition, when playing the 19 Culpepper House apartment for the very first time, one of the external balcony windows is missing from the build to begin with which does not match the remaining exterior of Culpepper House.
What do you expect to see? Two windows and a door on the balcony section of 19 Culpepper House when viewed from any other apartment, inkeeping with the design and colour of the rest of the building.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The windows and door on the balcony belonging to 19 Culpepper House will not be visible when viewed from any other apartment in the same building. Instead the wall will be blank.
When viewed from any other Lot in the Spice District the windows and door show correctly.

In addition, when playing the 19 Culpepper House apartment for the very first time, one of the external balcony windows is missing from the build to begin with which does not match the remaining exterior of Culpepper House as well as the door being the wrong colour and oriented to open the wrong way.

I really wish there was an official cheat, or even a mod, to allow us to build outside of our "owned" units. That way I could manually add in the missing door and windows from the other apartment units as well as fix most of the other apartment building related bugs that are listed in this forum.

Message 1 of 3 (1,761 Views)

Re: [CL] 19 Culpepper House Missing Windows and Door

Hero
Tagging @BryonyRae for this one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,635 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] 19 Culpepper House Missing Windows and Door

Hero (Retired)

@Alistu I see this in my game as well, and I think what's happening here is because the exterior of the 19 Culpepper balcony has been customized, the game does not render its objects when you are playing a different apartment.  In order to solve this issue, the devs would probably have to make that balcony inactive and a preset like the others, in which case players that want to use that specific apartment would lose an active space.  I will add this report to our list as Needs Input, and if it's bothering enough people, they may change it.

Message 3 of 3 (1,600 Views)