by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CHEATS] Sitting sim won't teleport when using SHIFT-Click

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.941020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With testingcheats on have a sim sit. Then SHIFT-Click anywhere on lot and choose "Teleport Here"
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim doesn't immediately teleport to the location you chose. If he/she is on another floor you may find them floating in air. You need to SHIFT-Click on the sim and choose "Reset Object" and then they'll teleport to where you wanted them to.
What do you expect to see? The sitting sim should teleport to the place you want them to without having to be reset first.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The attached screenshot was taken after the December 20/21st 2018 patch & was the first instance of the bug.

The attached picture is the first instance of the bug in my game. My sim was sitting on her bed on another floor when I tried teleporting her to the basement, you can see it resulted in her floating in air. Screenshot was taken last month but am only reporting it now because it is also happening in a new save. Most times the sim will just stay seated where they are when the "teleport here" command is given, but the floating occasionally happens.

Message 1 of 8 (2,830 Views)

Re: Sitting sim won't teleport when using SHIFT-Click

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is this only an issue if you're Sm is sitting first ? Have you tried multiple Sims ?

It's a cheat which are generally unsupported and if it's only from the sitting position they will probably need a lot more people complaining about this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,785 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hi crinrict. Yes, it only happens when the sim is sitting before I do the Shift-Click & choose "teleport here" & it happens with every sim I tried it with.

Think this is EA-related because all you need to do, even playing "vanilla," is open the cheat console & do "testingcheats on" before doing the above; and "testingcheats on" is part of the game. Actually, "teleport here" is the only option that comes up when shift-clicking somewhere when playing without mods/cc. Maybe something unintended?
Message 3 of 8 (2,773 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Not saying it's not EA. Just saying that cheats are not actively supported and if they have bugs, especially if they only occur under very specific circumstances, the probably that they get fixed is small.

I'll mark this as needs input for now to collect more voices.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,764 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
OK thanks Crinrict Standard smile. I mostly wanted to report it just to get it out there in case they have the same issue (while having a hope it could be fixed lol).
Message 5 of 8 (2,756 Views)

Hero
That's fine. Just don't get your hopes up too much :D

I removed the solution as I am going to add it to the list for now and I also forwarded.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,745 Views)

Hero
Added this to the cheats section

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (2,715 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CHEATS] Sitting sim won't teleport when using SHIFT-Click

★★★★★ Pro

This has always happened with my sims. I have to make them stand up before they will teleport. I've never had them float though; the teleport command just simply won't work if they are sitting or laying down. I have to go to where they are sitting, click the floor/ground in front of them and tell them "go here". They get up so I go back to where I want them and shift click and use teleport and they do.

Crin is right though; using cheats is not supported. I did not add a "Me Too" as my sims don't float because of this nor have I ever had to reset them.

Message 8 of 8 (2,608 Views)