Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CHEATS] Resized objects disappear when uploading to Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Resize object at least twice with left bracket, place next to other objects. Upload lot to gallery, place lot. Items resized at least twice (to small) are gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? The items vanish.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the item stay in place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch.

I have resized the storage treasure chest for example. I place it under a bookshelf where it fits without moo, and when I place the lot from gallery, the chest vanishes. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (2,987 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: missing objects when placing lot from my library

Hero

Fixed an issue in which resized objects would disappear when they were part of downloaded Gallery items.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (2,618 Views)

All Replies

Re: Resized objects disappear when placing lot

Hero
@Covahenasni Does it vanish while uploading to the gallery or when you replace it from the gallery ?

(Meaning, do you see them on the pictures in the gallery ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,880 Views)

Hero
@Covahenasni Do you have an example in your gallery where they show in the pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (2,858 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Confirmed!!!! Affected are especially wall sculptures and plants. They already disappear during the upload. This happens independently from using the the move objects cheat in vanilla games.
Message 4 of 13 (2,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@alanmichael1 Thanks for testing. Adding this as cheat issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (2,848 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I also had this happen, though I did use the alt key to place the items (deco objects that are also found under child decorations), though the move objects wasn't on.  I did think it was tied to the use of the alt key combined with the size down as the object wouldn't place until I did that, especially since not everything I sized down disappeared.  

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 6 of 13 (2,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI can see them on gallery when I upload. It is when I place from gallery that they vanish. I did testing before I came to post. Sorry it took so long to answer. I've tested this a few times with a couple of different places and lots, but only my gallery uploads, no one else's. The items do not disappear or reappear when I saved world, exit and return. Only when placing from the gallery, in build mode. I didn't test placement from gallery in map. I can do this if you wish.

Also, I didn't have moo on, but I did use alt to place as maplesimmer described. But didn't have any cheats on at all.
I just used bracket resize and alt free place. Are these considered cheats, even though it is not something that is activated with a cheat code? 

I have added gallery and placement from map images. One of the affected items is visible in the gallery, then it is missing in the other picture.

Message 7 of 13 (2,798 Views)

Hero
@Covahenasni Since there's been other reports, I'm passing this on to QA for further investigation. Seems there's nothing to troubleshoot at this point.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,789 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your efforts in getting this passed along. Standard smile

Message 9 of 13 (2,787 Views)

Sims 4 - objects vanish when downloading (resized or moved with 'Alt' key)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (no cc or mods; vanilla game)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Builds I created downloaded from my library for play testing are missing random items.
What happens when the bug occurs? It seems to affect items that have been resized (bigger or smaller) or items placed using 'alt' WITHOUT move objects cheat on. Plants and wall décor seem to be the most commonly effected but has also occurred with retail items too (e.g. mannequins).
What do you expect to see? I expect the build to download the same as it was uploaded. I can see some of the missing items in the uploaded pictures (not all of them mainly due to wall default option).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The last couple of patches have not improved my game but made it worse. Game play has become glitchy.

Problem described as above. Please pass this on to who ever gets paid to sort this out. Thanks. 

Message 10 of 13 (2,775 Views)