by agusferlu190705

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CHEAT] Teen can go to Uni. High School Class still there

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, discover university, get famous, get to work, get together, seasons, dine out, outdoor retreat, spa day, strangerville and perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to university while you are a teenager
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go to university the high school still appears and my sim still goes to the classes
What do you expect to see? Only go to university classes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

///

Message 1 of 11 (6,172 Views)

Re: Both high school and university classes appear

[ Edited ]
Hero

@agusferlu190705 At what point did you remove your mods ? Before or after you sent the teen to Uni ?

I haven't tested this but making sure it's not a mod issue.

EDIT: OK, wasn't sure how this works but it seems you can't go to class at all as a teen without mods. So if you were able to take classes as a teen, that would be a mod and not a bug.

EDIT: Moving to General Discussion as it's probably a mod issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (6,156 Views)

[DU] Teen in Uni still show as high school student

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all dlc
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? enroll a teen in university
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will still show as high school student, while also being required to attend uni classes. The "go to high school" automatically shows up at the same time as "go to class", but can be cancelled. While sim is in class, high school principal calls and complain that the sim isn't in school.
What do you expect to see? I expect a sim that's sent to university to not have to return to high school - same way it worked in Sims 2 and 3.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Discover University Wink

This is a "live alone" teen with no parents. She's created just to go to uni.

Message 3 of 11 (6,150 Views)

Re: [DU] Teen in Uni still show as high school student

★★★★ Pro

I know you said you removed your mods, but were you originally using a mod to allow your teen to go to university?  I know without mods (or cc) I was able to have a teen apply when they were close to aging up, but while they were accepted while they were still a teen, they couldn't enroll while they were a teen as you can see in the screenshot.  I also have teens living on their own and they can't even apply as they aren't close enough to aging up (I'm playing them on a long life span). 

I have all the packs and am on version PC 1.58.63.1010.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 4 of 11 (6,142 Views)

★★★ Guide

Only mod I use is to remove the censor blur and another that's technically not a mod, but a texture that give women nipples. That's it.

I used the debug menu to send her to uni after the game told me she should think about university and to research her options. It never told me that she had to grow up to a young adult first (and the help literally just says sims can go to university, says nothing about age) and I assumed the enroll option was simply missing because she was fresh out of CAS and technically had yet to go to school. And she got approved for scholarships which also didn't tell me that she wasn't old enough to go to uni.

In Sims 2 and 3 teens become young adult when they go to university, so I didn't consider that it would be a problem sending a teen in 4 either. But even forcing the enroll through debug, it's illogical that the game allows the application or allows her to go to stay at the dorms if the age requirement isn't met. Basically I think it's missing a few checks here and there in the process, and proper information.

I also had the UI majorly glitch out when she left high school early to go to her college class, which makes it pretty obvious that something was wrong.

Either way, I aged her up to get around the high school problem. But the weird thing about this is that I've already met a few other npc teens at the university, though I can't tell if they go to school there or just hang out.

Message 5 of 11 (6,130 Views)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Merged your post with another thread

As cheats are unsupported I doubt this will get any kind of priority but maybe there should be some kind of warning.

Forwarding for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (6,103 Views)

★ Novice

How did you age up your teen sim whilst at university as I also have the same problem

Message 7 of 11 (3,488 Views)

Re: Both high school and university classes appear

★★ Novice

Actually I have no mods as Im console user and I have this problem too so yes it is a glitch and NOT a mod issue

Message 8 of 11 (1,822 Views)

★★ Novice

Im on console, No mods, CC or anything and I was able to enrol my teen in uni and go to classes, Do homework etc and still go to school. Im about to age him up as this seems the only way to fix this

Message 9 of 11 (1,820 Views)

★★ Novice

Use a cake or modify in cas which Im about to do

Message 10 of 11 (1,819 Views)