by Ajr3485

Original Post

[OPEN] Fish from buydebug mode can’t be selected

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Launch Sims 4; 2. Choose a household; 3. Turn on testingcheats and bb.showhiddenobjects; 4. Go into build/buy mode; 5. Search for a fish (in my case, Angelfish); 6. Select fish and place in home or on Sims lot; 7. Go back to play mode and attempt to move and/or drag fish to sim’s personal inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? I attempt to find a fish (Angelfish as an ingredient) in build/buy mode and place it in household, go back to play mode and cannot move fish to place it in my sim’s inventory.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to move the fish in play mode to be able to place it in my sim’s inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’m not sure why I cannot move the fish in play mode to my sim’s inventory. I found some spotted heart frogs and they were able to be moved and placed in my sim’s inventory during my last game. I don’t think it’s related to all hidden objects, just some.

Sorry, I don't have a photo.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 18 (51,247 Views)

Re: Fish from build/buy mode won’t be selected and/or moved to sim’s inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

definitely not all collectibles in bb.showhiddenobjects. just fish. 

Message 2 of 18 (51,164 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Also, it seems like some fish from build/buy mode cannot be placed in fish bowls, aquariums or ponds, either.

Message 3 of 18 (51,157 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Yeah, fish have always been difficult to acquire. Since the bb fish are apparently for looks only and if you don't really have a lot of time to go fishing, I suggest you remember the Gallery is your friend, if your sim can (ouch!) spare the money.

Message 4 of 18 (51,119 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

How can you look for collectibles in the gallery? I thought all it provided was households, lots, and rooms.

Message 5 of 18 (51,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so I figured it out.
In buy mode, open gallery, search "angel fish", someone by the name "JANMARBROWN" has an angel fish in a little blue square. place that on the lot, and in live mode you can then move the fish into your inventory. 

I tried for 4 hours to catch this silly fish. 

Message 6 of 18 (50,655 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CHEAT] Fish from buydebug mode can’t be selected

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Ajr3485 @Ajr3485 The debug angelfish (on the left) from hidden objects is not even visible to the sim. No selection options. I can not grab it and drag it anywhere after placing if from debug. Same with the debug Sulani one (the yellow one). The one on the right is a live angelfish and was caught in-world and has the expected options.Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 8.09.38 PM.jpg

The screenshot on the bottom shows the options if the live angelfish was added back into the tank. I can add it to the sim's inventory from there or from the floor. Bottom line... are you trying to get a debug angelfish to use for ambrosia or some other purpose? This won't work. You will need to catch one in-game.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 8.10.25 PM.jpg

Edit: @Ajr3485  I just uploaded an Angelfish on a table and have experimented with it. If you place the room and drag the fish to the floor as-is, you will not be able to add the fish to the large tanks, but you can add it to the Sim's personal inventory, household inventory, or the small fish bowl. However, if you add the fish to your household inventory, then drag it back to the floor, you will have all normal fish options, including dragging it to the large fish tank.

If you're looking to make Ambrosia, I have this Angelfish plus the other ingredients in the gallery. I also have an Ambrosia there:
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3CCF7EA89D2411EA8660C0F33FEC93F1

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 7 of 18 (45,743 Views)

★ Guide

Under the username Reekyteek someone has a room with every fish in the game currently. Also a few smaller rooms with important fish like the angel fish or the salmon. 

Message 8 of 18 (45,668 Views)

★ Guide

That someone might be me. It took me a long time to catch all those fish!

Message 9 of 18 (45,666 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fish from buydebug mode can’t be selected

★ Guide
@Ajr3485 This happened to me recently on console: I was attempting to place red crawdads from the Outdoor Retreat game pack into my build so that a sim could then transfer them into an aquarium in live mode, but none of them were responsive/movable. …Which now leaves me no choice but to acquire them the hard way, haha.
Message 10 of 18 (42,890 Views)