by RoseLudaA

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] "Crates a Million" Shows Up Dark In Houses

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get To Work, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a "Crates a Million" item inside of a home. Click on the different swatches. Then place one outside and see the difference between the colors of the first swatch.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a large shadow on top of the box that makes the item look much darker than it is.
What do you expect to see? The box should not have a shadow and should look much lighter. It should look the same when selecting color swatches as it does when not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When decorating a home today, I realized that a crate I used (for decoration) is much darker than it should be. If placed outside, it looks normal, but it's covered in a shadow when placed indoors. This is inconvenient when wanting to use it as decor inside a home. 

09-13-19_3-01-59 PM.png

Here, you can see what it should look like (on the right). I had the color swatch options up on the right box. Screenshots don't show that.

09-13-19_3-02-36 PM.png

I also took a couple videos of this. In the videos, I have CC enabled. I took it out and started the game again, so you can see in the above screenshot that it still occurs without CC. 

https://youtu.be/gQm7Z2kR7K8

https://youtu.be/mYHnKWufFus

Adding more lights, putting it in a different room, and changing the size doesn't fix the problem (as demonstrated in the videos). It only looks normal when used outside. Maybe they're meant to be stacked to hide the shadow or only used outside, but I can't find a good reason for it to be so dark.

Message 1 of 5 (1,229 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] "Crates a Million" Shows Up Dark In Houses

★★★ Apprentice

Does anyone have input on this? 

Message 2 of 5 (1,160 Views)

Hero
@RoseLudaA i was able to duplicate it and have forwarded it but it could be by design as other lighting stuff.

Seems no one else is bothered by this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,147 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I am also bothered by this ! There are a handful of 'outdoor' objects like the crates that do not light properly indoors. My Own Private Eden Patio Shrub from Basegame; Nature's Hyjinks Boxwood Shrub from Get To Work; Ring of Flowers, Victorian Garden Planter, Lonely Cypress from Get Together; Potted Jungle Fern, Lonely Potted Tree from Jungle Adventure... and this is really just plant decor
Message 4 of 5 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The Crates A Million Small and Medium objects are broken but the Stumpy version is fine.

It appears to be an issue with the occluders as the issue isn't present if you place the objects in a room with no light source but as soon as you add a light, the issue appears.

Message 5 of 5 (685 Views)