by rentaivas

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Vet shows up at own clinic -> any sim can examine/treat pet

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim with a pet who owns a vet clinic. Visit the clinic lot as a different sim (from a seperate household) and wait for the owner to visit with their pet as a patient and check in. Choose the "Greet Patient" option on the owner (greet warmly or impatiently appear but do not seem to work) and click Accept on the Treat Patient pop-up.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim who does not own or work at the vet clinic can examine and treat a pet as if you were playing as the owner. The sim will change into the clinic's uniform and go to an exam table, where the normal examine/calm/treatment options are available, and the diagnosis UI appears and works as normal, though you can't interact with any of the equipment that can normally be used when playing as the owner.
What do you expect to see? I don't expect to see any "Greet Patient" options, have my sim change into scrubs and begin examining the pet, or to see any of the examination/treatment options. (Honestly I wouldn't really expect to see a sim attending their own vet clinic as a patient either.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If, while playing as a household that's visiting a vet clinic lot, the owner of the clinic attends with their pet as a patient, any (presumably young adult+?) sim will have the option to greet the owner as a patient, then the sim will change into the clinic's uniform, the sim and the pet patient will go to an examination table, where diagnosis and treatment work like they normally do, despite the sim not owning the clinic.

As far as I can tell this only works with the owner of the clinic. Once the sim changes into the uniform and is examining the pet even though the game seems to be acting as though you are playing as the owner there are no options on any other patients that allow you to greet or examine them, and you cannot use any clinic equipment except for when the sim first goes to an exam table.

I don't know if this issue started after a recent patch because I had never seen the vet visit their own clinic before.

I started a new game with just a vet + pet household and a visitor household to check this issue and it occurs there too.

Message 1 of 1 (384 Views)