by elelunicy

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] [V] NPC vampires can't check in at the vet clinic

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run a vet clinic. Pay attention to any NPC vampires that visit with their sick pets
What happens when the bug occurs? The NPC vampire just stands outside forever (until the vet clinic is closed) and never checks in.
What do you expect to see? NPC vampires check in properly like other pet owners.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is an issue that has been around since Cats & Dogs's launch. Basically when NPC vampires visit the vet clinic they will sometimes stand outside forever & never checks in. Their sick pets would come inside the clinic just fine. My sim can talk to the vampire (using non-vet related social interactions), but because they don't actually check in at the podium, my Sim can't treat their pets. They'll be stuck here forever until the clinic is closed. The issue happens very frequently with vampires Sims but never once with normal Sims.

Message 1 of 7 (1,066 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] [V] NPC vampires can't check in at the vet clinic

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @elelunicy

We have not been able to reproduce your issue. Could you help us a bit? :D

If so, please send us your save files. You can follow the steps inside this thread: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That could definitely help us pinpoint this.

Thank you very much! 

Message 2 of 7 (977 Views)

Hero
Tagging @elelunicy for further feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This is very easy to reproduce. I just managed to do so in a brand new save file (with no CC/mods installed) within 5 mins.

1. Start a new game and create a family

2. Move in the family and buy a vet clinic

3. Go to manage world and add pets to the two premade vampire families in Forgotten Hollow.

4. Run the vet clinic with the family you created. One of the vampires would visit shortly afterwards with their sick pet (in my case Caleb Vatore visited, and surely enough he just stood outside & never came in).

Here's the save file I used to reproduce this issue:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zu3Oz4ccqLLxss0eS9XYJhlHEbPpOZ9L/view?usp=sharing

Message 4 of 7 (940 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @elelunicy

We have one question for your if you are willing to answer:

How and when did you add the pets to the vampire households?

Thank you! 

Message 5 of 7 (911 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SimGuruIcarus

I just added pets in CAS, from editing household.
Message 6 of 7 (903 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (851 Views)