by annamkot912

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Spaying in progress froze

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat My First Pet Stuff, Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take your cat to the Vet, Pay to get Spayed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens. My cat got onto the counter, the Vet walked in and now they're just standing around. Nothing is happening and I can't travel
What do you expect to see? They finished getting spayed and then I can go home. I've been here standing around for hours waiting for this to finish
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My game automatically installed the latest patch and this is the first time I've had this problem

I took both my cats into the vet to get spayed and neutered. One was neutered immediately, but the cat that needed to be spayed ran off. The vet went to look for her, but nothing happened, so I picked her up and took her back to the vet. Once there she immediately went into a room with the Vet, she climbed up onto the vet bench and then nothing happened. It's been like this for hours (in-game) I can't travel back home, or interact with the vet or my cat.

If it helps, I've already run the repair and reset the characters. The cat jumps back onto the counter and the vet stands around doing nothing all over again

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 7 (1,915 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Spaying in progress froze

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,841 Views)

★ Guide

Also having the same issue. Took my cat to get spayed today since I thought it was finally working again. She got on the table and froze just like described above. Was able to exit out of appt window and try again with no luck. This is frustrating because it just started working again a couple months ago and now it isn’t. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,828 Views)

★ Novice

Me too. Took my dog to get spayed (first time I've adopted an unneutered animal) and the dog get on the table and lies there with the vet standing next to the table doing nothing. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,713 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Spaying in progress froze

★★ Guide

this is still happening. Signed in for spay, pet is on the table and vet stands there doing nothing. My sim is already at the clinic for 2 whole sim days now and nothing happened. :c

Message 5 of 7 (1,200 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is still experiencing this, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 7 (1,061 Views)

★★★ Novice

Don't know if anyone followed up on this, but I'm having the same issue and it's July 2022. Happy to DM you my save file.

Message 7 of 7 (940 Views)