by Camthelion

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Spayed cat wont stop yowling

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Vampires, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spayed cat created in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? The cat will not stop Yowling unless I interact with the cat. The moment I stop it continues yowling for a mate.
What do you expect to see? The cat to not what a mate when it is spayed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started the game up today 8/2  after having not played for more then a week. This was not occurring as far as I know when I last played. 

Message 1 of 4 (200 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Spayed cat wont stop yowling

Hero
@Camthelion Did the cat get spayed properly ? Does it say she's neutered ? The process had a few issues in the past so could you make sure they show as neutered ?

Does it happen to all your pets or was it just the on ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (159 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this problem too but with a spayed dog. There are hearts around her and she whimpers. She was spayed in CAS, so I tried to un-spay her in CAS and then go to a veterinarian to spay her there, but that didn't solve the problem. Good thing is that she is actually sterile, which shows both in CAS and that the mating options are greyed out saying that she's spayed. But still annoying that she whimpers all the time.

Message 3 of 4 (107 Views)

★★★ Guide

I created a cat in CAS and I chose the option to be 'fixed' and after I went into live mode the cat pretty much immediately started showing the hearts and yowling like she was in heat.  I thought perhaps I hadn't properly chosen that option, but when the cat later got sick I took her to the vet and there was an option to 'unspay' so the game is indicating she is fixed. 

I also added the same family to another save from my library and I double checked the gender settings of the cat just in case and the 'fixed' option was definitely already selected.  So I now have the same cat in two different saves and she's showing the hearts and yowling in both saves. Standard smile

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 4 of 4 (65 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help