Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Spayed/neutered cat wont stop yowling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Vampires, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spayed cat created in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? The cat will not stop Yowling unless I interact with the cat. The moment I stop it continues yowling for a mate.
What do you expect to see? The cat to not what a mate when it is spayed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started the game up today 8/2  after having not played for more then a week. This was not occurring as far as I know when I last played. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 20 (3,941 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Adoption Puppies/Kitten labeled as neutered/spayed

Hero

Listen, I think every species - well everyone, has the right to find love. But we did have to fix an issue with Female Cats going into Heat despite being Spayed. Even so, I hope my lovely Spayed Female Felines will still find love out there.

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (3,910 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Spayed cat wont stop yowling

Hero
@Camthelion Did the cat get spayed properly ? Does it say she's neutered ? The process had a few issues in the past so could you make sure they show as neutered ?

Does it happen to all your pets or was it just the on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (3,845 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have this problem too but with a spayed dog. There are hearts around her and she whimpers. She was spayed in CAS, so I tried to un-spay her in CAS and then go to a veterinarian to spay her there, but that didn't solve the problem. Good thing is that she is actually sterile, which shows both in CAS and that the mating options are greyed out saying that she's spayed. But still annoying that she whimpers all the time.

Message 3 of 20 (3,793 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I created a cat in CAS and I chose the option to be 'fixed' and after I went into live mode the cat pretty much immediately started showing the hearts and yowling like she was in heat.  I thought perhaps I hadn't properly chosen that option, but when the cat later got sick I took her to the vet and there was an option to 'unspay' so the game is indicating she is fixed. 

I also added the same family to another save from my library and I double checked the gender settings of the cat just in case and the 'fixed' option was definitely already selected.  So I now have the same cat in two different saves and she's showing the hearts and yowling in both saves. Standard smile

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 4 of 20 (3,752 Views)

Neutered cats come on heat

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with an adult female cat who is neutered.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though neutered, female cats still come on heat.
What do you expect to see? I expect neutered cats not to come on heat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

No matter which household with adult female cats I play, they come on heat and keep calling for mates. Even though all my pets are neutered.  It doesn't matter if I use mods or not. In fact only littlemssam's anti heat pill helped.

After the latest patch I removed ALL mods since so many broke and started a completely new game. Still the same problem. 

Message 5 of 20 (3,703 Views)

Re: Neutered cats come on heat

Hero
@annyways Did you set her to that in CAS or have a procedure done ?

Think there' have been several complaints about this but more in other threads and not on it's own which is why I'm currently unable to find another thread.

If you try to neuter them again, can you do so ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (3,696 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I haven't found another thread, that's why I made one.

In CAS. That's how I usually do it since it's not that entertaining to have the procedure done. However, I set her to normal in CAS and we went to the vet to have her neuter again. So far that seems to work, thank you for the suggestion, Crin.

I'll report back in case it's happening again.

Cheers

Anna

Message 7 of 20 (3,684 Views)

Hero
@annyways So this is possibly an issue of the neutering through cas not working properly .. which would still make it a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (3,676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrictTrue. The Lynx household has another female which I neutered in CAS and didn't change yet. I have to play a while to see what's happening.

edit: getting the cats neutered at the vet really seems to work. Thanks again, Crin.

Message 9 of 20 (3,674 Views)

Hero
@annyways Found thread I was looking for and merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (3,609 Views)