Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Some Curtains can't be placed

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set up a bedroom space (or any space, but this is my example) with a double bed and end tables on either side, placed up against a wall (walls max height). Add a window or two above each end table. Now attempt to place any of the following curtains in a way that intersects them with the end table(s) and or bed: Fab in Plaid, Casual Country Curtains, Cozy Country Curtains, Charming Country Curtains
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will not allow you to place them and throws up the error: "Can't intersect other objects."
What do you expect to see? If you place other curtains in a similar manner, there are no error messages, and the game allows you to place them. I expect the same behavior with the new curtains in the Cats and Dogs expansion pack (and others from the pack not named above do work just fine).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New in the 11/7/17 patch.

Here are images that show the problem curtains followed by other curtains without issues:

Screenshot (64).png

Screenshot (66).png

Screenshot (67).png

Screenshot (68).png

Workaround:  for those encountering this issue, use the cheat bb.moveobjects in order to freely place the affected curtains.  Afterward, you can type in the cheat again to turn bb.moveobjects off.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (1,928 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Some Curtains can't be placed

Hero

These curtains now can be placed around windows: Casual Country Curtains, Cozy Country Curtains, and Charming Country Curtains.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (936 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Guide

I have the same problem on Xbox 1 in 2022 with these same Cats & Dogs curtains.

Turning on Move Objects makes the cat beds, litter & nearby couch all unusable. So it is not a workaround at all. How has this not been addressed in 5 years?

Message 2 of 3 (1,230 Views)

Hero

These curtains now can be placed around windows: Casual Country Curtains, Cozy Country Curtains, and Charming Country Curtains.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (937 Views)