Re: Cannot create a pet with the Smart trait

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

No problem. I appreciate you coming along for the ride with me lol. Does this get seen by someone to escalate? Do you happen to know what the next step I need to take is?

Someone looked at the tuning files for the smart trait and found a cause.
There are hidden traits that are marked as conflicting with the Smart trait
These are the conflicting hidden traits:
162242 trait_Misbehavior_Cat_Scratching
162247 trait_Discipline_Pet_PottyTraining
162249 trait_Misbehavior_Pet_PuddlesDrink
I think most pets have those unless they were created with the Smart trait.
Maybe the conflicting traits could be changed to a trait that can be removed with cas.fulleditmode, like the Stubborn trait?

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Formatting

Message 11 of 28 (1,161 Views)

Hero
@rayzac I'm guessing it's the same issue as this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Puppies-missing-a-third-trait-when-born-smart/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 28 (1,088 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Please let me know if this needs a new thread - When a pet is created with the Smart trait (and it sticks) they will randomly vanish from the family/lot. When you hover over the grayed out missing pet there is no location or information pop up. If you go into CAS, select the missing pet, then click the check (save) button you load to the location where the pet vanished to. This location (so far) has always been next to a hole where the pet then immediately starts digging, and revealing a random number of gifts. The pet does not have any type of option to return home, and you cannot switch back to the owner or any other member of the family without exiting to manage and reloading the lot. Thanks.

Message 13 of 28 (1,066 Views)

Hero
@rayzac Sounds like the issue that was fixed. Maybe it's still an issue with some of the pets so yeah, def. a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 28 (1,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

As of 15/06/2021 this issue is still not fixed, I have made three pairs of matching breed dogs (Labrador+Labrador, Husky+Husky, retriever+retriever) all with the smart trait and bred them.

None of their puppies inherited the smart trait, those that would have instead only have 2 traits, I have tried to edit said puppies in CAS but as soon as I go back into live mode the trait disappears. I have also attempted to use the cheats to manually add the trait in, but it still does not show up.

I have also tried editing the puppies once they have become an adult, this still does not fix the issue.

This happens with or without mods in the game (it first started happening before I used mods and hasn't changed).

Message 15 of 28 (930 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Just attempted it again, two pre-made EA Labradors which I named Blue & Lavender, bred them in the game (not as cas), they had two puppies and both of them were missing a trait.

I have attached pictures of the parents and the puppies so you can see the traits and how they act as though the third trait doesn't exist.

Edit: My Sims dogs just had 3 more puppies, two had random traits (three traits) the other had two traits (one missing)

Message 16 of 28 (918 Views)

★ Apprentice

As of 04/03/2022 this bug is still not fixed, I have also still been attempting this with new saves and new freshly made dogs and their puppies still only have 2 traits if they were supposed to inherit the "smart" trait.

Message 17 of 28 (814 Views)

Can't add third trait to my pet.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, all packs except parent hood and only a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? cas.fulleditmode and live action.
What happens when the bug occurs? The third trait for my pet can be added in cas.fulleditmode but when I hit the check button to go back to live game mode and hit get to know on my pet, it shows nothing. When I go back to full edit mode, the smart trait is gone and my pet only shows two traits instead of three.
What do you expect to see? All three traits that I assign my pet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have tried to add a third trait to my pet, smart trait.  It will not work, no mater how many times I go to full edit mode when cheats are on.  I even tried the trait cheat and it still won't add smart to my pet.  

Message 18 of 28 (972 Views)

Re: Can't add third trait to my pet.

Hero
@anakinsolo79297 If you use another trait, does it work ?

there's a known issue with the smart trait: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Smart-trait-missing-when-breeding-not-sticking/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 28 (933 Views)

Re: Can't add third trait to my pet.

★★★★★ Guide

I had this issue with a pet dog whose traits I changed in cas (full edit mode).

The Smart trait would not apply but the other two traits worked fine when changing.

I deleted the pet then made a new dog with three traits, the Smart trait applied perfectly on the new pet. Just seems changing traits and adding the Smart trait to an existing pet was the issue.

This seems to be a different issue from the above linked thread as it's just changing traits on an existing pet, and not breeding them and having an issue with the Smart trait.

Message 20 of 28 (901 Views)