by crinrict

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] [CD] Walking a dog causes both Sim and pet to freeze

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: All. Game packs: Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day Stuff packs: Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a dog for any length of walk in any neighbourhood.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of two things: Either both the sim and pet immediately freeze upon selecting the walk option and need to be reset in order to unfreeze, or the walk lasts upwards of 6 hours (regardless of length selected) and at the end of it, both the sim and pet freeze and need to be reset or they will literally just stand still until they die.
What do you expect to see? The Sim taking their dog for a walk that lasts an amount of time that matches the option (short, long, etc) and then coming home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has been occurring since I first installed the Cats & Dogs expansion when it was released. All custom content I previously used was purely cosmetic and only for sims, not pets. I have since removed them all and tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game and repairing the game. Nothing has made a difference.

Message 21 of 24 (400 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Walking a dog causes both Sim and pet to freeze

Hero

Hi @reV0LTing

this is not something I can duplicate in my game. 

Could you test a fresh save with no added cc/mods to see if it also freezes there or if it's save game related.

Do you have any other freezing issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 24 (378 Views)

★ Novice

Hey @crinrict, thanks for responding.

I've tried it with both new saves(with and without cc/mods) and old saves, it happens in both.

I've never had any other issues with sims freezing up like this and I doubt it's a hardware problem because the rest of the game runs perfectly fine.

A couple of my friends experience it too but only on occasion.

Message 23 of 24 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@reV0LTing Found this other thread about general freezing with dogs and merged

Would you be able to share your save with QA as asked by SimQARobo on the last page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 24 (348 Views)