Re: Become Companion Interaction causes Sims to freeze and Pets to behave strang

by YoshiJoshi33

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Sim's Queue Freezing on Interactions with dogs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions / All Game packs except Parenthood / Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Kids, Fitness and Holiday Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bug happened after the "Become Companion" Interaction between a young adult sim and an adult dog (Could have also happened after commanding dog to scare birds i'm not sure which intereaction froze first)
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim's queue's freeze and they will not do any actions. This applies to everyone in the current neighborhood, they all just stop and stare at each other (still animating and looking arouund)
What do you expect to see? Sims to execute actions and townies/npc's to act autonimously
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

*Moved animation Issues to new thread 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Animation-Bug-When-Bathing-Dogs/m-p/6413352#M50319

Message 1 of 24 (3,252 Views)

Re: Become Companion Interaction causes Sims to freeze and Pets to behave strang

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

1. Is there any task in your Sims queue you can cancel ?

2. The scared thing seems to be a different issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cats-and-Dogs-permanently-scared-after-vet-check-up/td-p/64118...

3. Could you also add a picture of the stretching issue ? Would actually be better  to create a separate thread for that. too Do you have any lastexception files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (3,197 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Hey
Thanks so much for the reply

1. I have attatched the DxDiag. I was able to clear the queue at the time but any new action would just show as pending (as in transparent in the queue). I played for a little longer after posting this and the issue seemed to have been solved since another restart, but it did happen multiple times on multiple lots the first time.

2. Yes thank you this is the same issue, i took my dog for a check up to see if the queue issue had fixed and this left him feeling scared!

3. unfortunatly it was so quick both times that i couldn't get a picture, If i do manage it I'll upload it

Message 3 of 24 (3,187 Views)

Hero

Could you open a new thread ? You don't have to re-add the pictures. I'll move your dog stretching ones to the new thread once your done.

They dont' look related to the other issue to me.

Maybe you could also edit this one to just include the freezing. I like to keep separate issues in separate threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (3,151 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have made this thread just about the freezing

I moved the animation issue to this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Animation-Bug-When-Bathing-Dogs/m-p/6413352#M50319

Message 5 of 24 (3,143 Views)

Re: Become Companion Interaction causes Sims to freeze

[ Edited ]
Hero

Great. Thank you

I moved the pictures over to the other thread.

Have you been able to replicate the freezing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (3,138 Views)

Hero

Tagging @YoshiJoshi33 for the freezing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (3,107 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @YoshiJoshi33

Would you be willing to share your save files, so my team can take a look at them?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 24 (3,080 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Pet cats can't use the litter boxes and pets freezing

The freeze is a separate action.

In one game, I had a mom cat and her kitten, Vlad was visiting the lot. I had my sim invite him in and then make a friendly introduction. It looked like the kitten and Vlad were trying to interact before it happened. Vlad was making small turns, side to side. A mouse came out from the mouse hole, I haven't placed the mouse holes sense then in my new lots. In that game everyone froze, even my sim. I could move my computer mouse but everything else was frozen. I took a screenshot of it when it happened. There's 3 interactions on my sim that I didn't tell her to do, I think it was the kitten asking her to do something. I only gave her the chat commands. Then the mouse came out after giving her those chat commands.

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/vwpf1e.jpg[/IMG]

In another game I had a single cat. I don't know what he was doing before he froze. My sim was asleep and I noticed the cat was stuck in a walking position. He stayed in that position all night and when my sim got up she couldn't interact with him.

Message 9 of 24 (3,067 Views)

Re: Sim's Queue Freezing

★★★ Novice

I've been having this problem on the Cats and Dogs EP, too, and I also have no mods. I have all of the EPs and packs installed, but only noticed it after Cats & Dogs. I recently cleared my cache and localthumbcache.package files to see if that would help, but it doesn't. I notice it seems to happen most often when Sims are changing from one mood to another, and when a new Notification Wall message pops up.

My work around so far is to pause the game, for whatever reason when I pause the sims are able to move on to the next action.

Specs:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.15063 Build 15063
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    MORRIGAN
System Manufacturer    System manufacturer
System Model    System Product Name
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    SKU
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 1805, 12/19/2012
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Message 10 of 24 (3,012 Views)