Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Sim Will Not Sit And Read In The Wide Love Bay Window Sea

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Sim Will Not Sit And Read In The Wide Love Bay Window Seat

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and read a book with just The Wide Love couch available as the only seating option
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will not to use The Wide Love bay couch for reading.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to sit on the couch while reading. They will stand or go to any other available seating options instead.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

06-19-19_4-38-37 AM.png 

The sim is able to sit and nap in the seat but does not read here.

Message 1 of 5 (1,348 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Sim Will Not Sit And Read In The Wide Love Bay Window Sea

Hero
@Lo5tar Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,276 Views)

Bay Window Seats are Broken!

★★★ Apprentice

Bay window seatings are broken (still!) My Sim sits on them just fine and watches TV that's sitting on the mantle of a fireplace, but she won't knit, read or eat on it; instead, she finds seating elsewhere and it's upsetting! I've tried all bay window seats just in case and no such luck. No CC either.

Message 3 of 5 (1,015 Views)

Re: Bay Window Seats are Broken!

Hero
@Cynquilla I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Make sure to me too the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (993 Views)

Champion

Sims are particular about where they read. I have a bookworm sim who loves the outdoors and thought it would be great to give him a nice bench to read in the garden, but he just won’t do it.

Most of the lot is outdoor - there’s a bench, there’s picnic tables, there’s chairs by the pool  - but he absolutely refuses to read outside. If I tell him to get a book from a bookshelf, he’ll stand in front of the bookshelf and read it, ignoring “go here” or “sit here” commands until he finishes. If I drag a book into his inventory and bring him outside to sit somewhere, then tell him to read that book, he’ll immediately get up and go back inside to read at the kitchen table or something. He does this even when he has the cooped up moodlet. 🤷🏼‍♀️

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 5 of 5 (983 Views)