by SaveZeIda

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Seams on pets when using paint mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in CAS create a cat or dog and use paint mode to paint the ears entirely a different color than its base color. It's easier to see when the has only one color for its base coat (i.e a fully black or white cat). In game the seam is more noticeable if you paint a white cats' ears black.
What happens when the bug occurs? seams show around ears and on neck
What do you expect to see? no seams
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is my actual first time using the paint option when creating a pet so i'm not sure how long this was an issue. There are no seams anywhere if i use a preset breed or avoid using the paint tool around the ears or neck. They do show in game, especially noticeable when the cat's base color is white and you paint the ears a darker color. Not sure if it's related to my computer because i do have seam issues with some cc, that others have no issue with. Again, this is only in paint mode. When i use a preset breed with black ears the seam is not there.This also happens with dogs. 

ear.PNGearseams.PNGneckseam.PNG

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 22 (5,682 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Seams on pets when using paint mode

Hero

Hi @SaveZeIda

do you have a Nvidia or AMD card  ? This looks similar to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Weird-Facial-Lines/m-p/4976595#M17333

If you have a Nvidia card, could you test if it goes away if you try the fix posted ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (5,604 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yes i have a Nvidia and I've had that issue with facial lines as well and followed that thread awhile ago. I double checked to make sure the antialiasing fix was still set to on and it was.
Message 3 of 22 (5,592 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks for the extra info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (5,587 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's most likely a problem on my end i just wish i knew how to fix it. 

Message 5 of 22 (5,578 Views)

Hero
@Phantomlover1717 tested it for me and she also has some lines but for her it looked more like the line issue.

I'm very bad with this stuff so I delegated.

Maybe others are seeing this too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (5,574 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Seams on pets when using paint mode

★★★ Apprentice

Never noticed this problem till i saw your thread and now i can see them on my cat, too. Especially around the ears are the lines really notable.

I'm also a Nvidia user. Maybe this will help 🤔

Message 7 of 22 (5,425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issues since the last update.

Its also show up in the paint mode after its save the colors Automatically. They also show up at the belly, at all edges of the uvw map.

I also have a nvidia geforce and never had a problem before. 

They are also show up without cc so it don’t cause the blur edges.

Message 8 of 22 (5,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm also having this problem and I have an AMD card, so not sure if there's a workaround for this type of card or not.  Though I also notice that the seams on the stomach at least are really apparent even during game play, I haven't really noticed the ones near the ears while playing.

Message 9 of 22 (5,264 Views)

★ Novice

I have this issue too.
What it looks to me is that, after you using the Paint mode, after going back to the Sim creator, the game is saving the texture of the work you made into a low quality or bad format which make the texture looks weird, but low quality means less file size which also makes loading times faster.

But not only that, the UV Mapping grid edges of the model are not being colored, but stays with the same color after you use the bucket tool or "Fill Color" or the base color it had before you start painting, that's why you see the lines. The game is saving the texture in low quality which makes the colors by the grid edges to stretch out over the model.

I don't think this has anything to do with our graphic cards, nor the game, but the texture itself. I suppose the develop team could add a new feature which makes the color you paint by the edges of the model to stretch out even more on the texture file, just a tiny itch beyond the edges of the UV Map grids. That could fix the issues here. Or that they letting us to save the texture on our computers that we can open with our paint programs and stretch out the colors that way.

Message 10 of 22 (5,013 Views)