by Francoisf30

Original Post

[CD] [S] Brindleton bay grass and trees color

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening the game, mainly noticeable in spring season for the grass. For the trees, every seasons.
What happens when the bug occurs? Trees are super green, the trunk as well, like saturated green. The grass in Brindleton Bay is very dark saturated green and feels like a bug? I hope it is not planned like this because it remove all immertion in this world, especially in spring time.
What do you expect to see? The original green color when Cats and Dogs released, if not a little more green in spring time, because in Season, it was supposed to be a little greener I believe? Trees going back to their original colors. Those trees I am talking of, are the actual trees in world and not the one you find in Built and Buy, because those have still the correct colors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Season patch

22-10-2019_00-20-57.png

This is in Brindleton Bay in spring time. Close to the grass you can barely see the texture and it is also not shiny in the sun as it used to be.

22-10-2019_00-12-38.png

Here is an image of the grass without Seasons EP. The actual beautiful light green and shiny with the sun.

22-10-2019_00-25-19.png

Another image of spring time, full sun in Brindleton Bay. Very ugly and not right.

22-10-2019_00-55-42.png

Now to proof, the grass color is a bug and not my setting or anything else, see here the same texture in Del Sol Valley, with Season EP, in spring time. The color is actualy right there! So simple, they must fix this, because it kills the immertion in Brindleton Bay.

22-10-2019_00-10-11.png

Now see the trees I was talking of, the one on right super green (with green trunk!) is the buggy one, that populate the world of Brindleton Bay, and the one on the left, an actual tree from Built and Buy, place on the lot, wich have the correct and original color.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed outdated tag.

Message 1 of 14 (3,672 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] [S] Brindleton bay grass and trees color

★★★★ Guide

I have seen plenty of youtuber having the same issue, please put a me too if you experienced the same issue.

Message 2 of 14 (3,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Again, see here the color on the dogwood tree on the left (from build/buy) on the actual lot, and on the right (dogwood tree on the map) wich display a very weird color, and the color even extend to the trunk. Also, I have notice that this bug is seen everywhere in Brindleton bay on Dogwood tree, whatever swatch color the trees are, there is does not appear like the tree we have in build/buy. I did a little more research on it, searching in the debug hiddens objects, and I could find this tree with the weird green colors, but I can assure you that before the season patch, those tree were not like that. It hurts my eyes, please help.

Message 3 of 14 (3,454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

10-01-2021_14-35-57.pngGrass everywhere is oversaturated and pixelated not only in spring time, but also in the middle of the summer now. My setting are at Ultra and this photo is pretty recent, but still the trees and grass in Brindleton bay are saturated green, even the trunks and branches. (This is in Strangerville) May be it has to see with the recent update of Nvidia?10-01-2021_01-52-47.png

Message 4 of 14 (3,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem! Did you manage to solve it?

Message 5 of 14 (2,699 Views)

Brindleton Bay World Tree Texture Is Broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you go into the world of Brindleton bay, the most noticeable area of this tree is the 64x64 lot, also known as hounds head. The tree is the white/green flower mixed one that is lined up against the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The tree not only on the 64x64 lot, but also in the area where the vets office is located, is extremely dark/bright green, including the trunk, the tree does loose its leaves properly during autumn, but does not have the proper autumn colors, and the tree trunk remains this dark green color during winter.
What do you expect to see? I expect this tree to be fixed, people can call me entitled, but I did not pay 40 dollars for a pack to have a tree be broken since 2019.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons Patch 2019.

Correct Color of tree, notice the lighter green

Notice how the trees are a light minty green in this photo, this is the ORIGINAL AND CORRECT color of the tree before seasons patch in 2019.

Broken.PNG

Here's the tree, now super saturated dark green on the same lot. This tree became this color after the 2019 patch and I would like it fixed. 

Green Tree.PNG

Here's the trees super green trunk, you can obviously tell the trunk and leaves are NOT supposed to be that color. 

ALL IMAGES SHOWN IS THE GAME WITHOUT CC AND MODS ENABLED.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed tag. Please only use pack tags yourself. Thank you.

Message 6 of 14 (2,099 Views)

Re: Brindleton Bay World Tree Texture Is Broken

★★★★ Guide
@Neethan Thanks for taking the time and effort behind that bugs, it incredible how long it takes for them to find a fix to it... Like common, it has been YEARS, since the patch from season EP that fixed the dull brown grass for some folks... I hope more poeple comment and talk about it, I am on nerves! PLEASE EA acknowledge, this MUST be fixed soon... we have waited too long for this. The trees and the grass need fixes for this world. Take Chestnut ridge as example for the grass, and the catalogue version of the dogwood tree is of the correct color... I checked in DEBUG, and the dogwood tree from Cats and Dogs is broken in there, you look at the swatches and they are the same as the buggy one in the world, so could they simply fix it by replacing the one in DEBUG, by the one in the BB catalogue?? Please EA, fix it very soon. This is really immersion breaking.
Message 7 of 14 (1,550 Views)

Re: Brindleton Bay World Tree Texture Is Broken

★★★★ Guide

The grass is so ugly, especially in spring where the green is so blueish green that it marks the terrain very badly on the edge, where the sands/dirt kind of blend... you cant call it blending anymore anyway, it just feel like they painted over the grass.

Message 8 of 14 (1,549 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Comfyblob No it has to come from them for Brindleton bay grass and trees, but they fixed the pixelated grass in Strangerville, that I know. I noticed.
Message 9 of 14 (1,546 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict Sorry to bother you, but this topic was tagged with ''needs input''. In short what does it means? Do they need a save file or else? I just want it to be fix so Ill do anything to help them.

Thanks,

Message 10 of 14 (1,028 Views)