by Rorolina

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Routing issue on trying to put toy away

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Own a dog with the smart trait and pet toy box. 2. Take the toy out and wait until the dog "cleans up" by bringing the toy next to the box. 3. Direct a Sim to put away the toy.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will pick up the toy and get a routing error before putting the toy back on the ground.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim to put the toy back into the box.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug existed a long time ago but I was never able to properly reproduce it until now.

When a Smart dog cleans up by bringing the toy back next to the toy box, the toy gets "marked" and becomes bugged. Trying to put it away after it's been "marked" causes the Sim to get a routing error and put the toy back down on the ground. Once the Sim fails the initial attempt to put the toy away, the toy gets "unmarked" and can be put away on the second attempt.

As long as the dog does not "clean up", the pet toy can be put away by the Sim without fail.

Update: Upon further testing, it's a dog with the Smart trait that uses the interaction to put away the toy next to the toy box.

Message 1 of 2 (568 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Routing issue on trying to put toy away

Hero
Added as Needs Input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (513 Views)