by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Robot Vacuum always heads outside

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.81.020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP's GP's and SP's
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using a robot vacuum on a ground level without foundation.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fully upgraded vacuum always heads outside to do who knows what, which means that it never actually cleans anything inside, also when it rains, it means that it is constantly broken.
What do you expect to see? I expect the vacuum to roam the interior of my home and pick up the waste on the floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When using a robot vacuum on a ground level without foundation.  The fully upgraded vacuum always heads outside to do who knows what, which means that it never actually cleans anything inside, also when it rains, it means that it is constantly broken.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 17 (7,350 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Robot Vacuum always heads outside

Hero

Hi @Simming_Spoonie

does it only happen with the fully upgraded one for you ? My not fully upgrade one does go outside occasionally but it's not that bad that it doesn't clean anything else.

Going to tag as Needs Input for now to see if others see this as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (7,286 Views)

★★★ Guide

I see that sometimes aswell. Sometimes it returns but then the loading station is blocked even when its perfectly accessable.

Message 3 of 17 (7,260 Views)

Hero
Also when they are fully upgraded or does that not matter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (7,256 Views)

★ Novice

Sameee! I recently moved my sims house to a different town, from palm springs to the town that came with the cats and dogs expansion. 

I had no problem with the roomba ever going outside in palm springs but now. Everytime it goes outside to clean what? Who knows. And I can't figure out why it's doing this. Surely it knows it's outside.

Message 5 of 17 (7,128 Views)

Hero
@Ryannfayythe Could be something about the house itself. Does it only happen in that particular one ? Does it depend on the neighborhood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (7,107 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@RyannfayytheCould be something about the house itself. Does it only happen in that particular one ? Does it depend on the neighborhood ?
This happens to me with fully upgraded vacuum cleaners in all households.
Message 7 of 17 (7,006 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem except I have a split level house with the new platform tools and my robot vacuum hopped the different levels and then went outside and stopped and wouldn't go back to it's dock when command by my sim. I had to manually do it in build mode...

Message 8 of 17 (5,884 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@WildNerd12 Yes, this also happens in my game - the part when they stop half-way and won't return to the dock. It's very annoying...
Message 9 of 17 (5,859 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Robot Vacuum always heads outside

★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening more frequently in my game. Not only are they going outdoors randomly to clean and getting stuck in the rain. I had 3 break at the exact same time on different floors in my house. They won't return to the dock either without me physically moving them there in build mode. Also, I had the sim repair the robot vacuums and empty the trash which was carried out. However, the next time I went to use the vacuum, the trash had not been emptied. My game crashed this morning but I think this crash was related to the cat interaction.

Message 10 of 17 (4,916 Views)