by SimGuruKuxiku

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Putting pet up for adoption caused endless event

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons,CatsandDogs, Get To Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Luxury Party, Holiday, and Grim's.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim with 3 cats, make an adoption event, clear adoption event, make another adoption event, second adoption event does not progress, second cat instead runs away, then kill the sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The event in progress will continue, will not cancel itself, and not even killing the sim cancels the "A sim is leaving the household" task. At the end, the two remaining cats will disappear after sim is reaped, game over screen shows, but you still cannot save nor can you go to manage worlds.
What do you expect to see? Exactly as stated above
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As instructed, you have been redirected from:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Massive-Bug-Report/m-p/8198259#M104327

Message 1 of 6 (587 Views)

Re: Bug Report 3- Infinite Event In Progress

Hero
@MasterDarkwingz By cancel do you mean you end it without adopting the cat or canceling the icon from the menu before you get the window to pick a cat ?

Do you need to have 3 cats already or is any number ok ?

I've been trying this but it works fine for me if I end the adoption and canceling before picking doesn't make the cat appear. If I do it shortly after, all goes normal. I only have one cat already though

Also, does your Sim live in a house or apartment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Events auto cancel when they cannot be triggered or attempted.

There was no trigger or system recognition that any of the following [A Sim Is Leaving The Plot] had ended, nor was there an automatic System AI reaction to cancel any ongoing event to make room for the AI to cancel the event.

I only started off with three, and had a door locked on the second adoption event.

I had trapped the adoption guy in the sim's house for a while after the first adoption event, and let him loose before the second one, wherein I locked the door and proceeded to forget about that as the second adoption event triggered. The second cat was not adopted, nor did the event end or an adoption agent show up, but another sim family had visited after unlocking the door and allowing visitors.

My sims only live in houses for now.

The adoption events are to adopt away the cats, not to keep them. I had them all under an ice status effect as well.

Message 3 of 6 (529 Views)

Hero
@MasterDarkwingz So you're basically still seeing this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-CD-Pet-adoption-person-won-t-leave-adoption-selling/m-p/... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (506 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Not really, since the adoption guy never showed back up for the second adoption.
Message 5 of 6 (480 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul again, @MasterDarkwingz!

First of all, thanks so much for creating this separate report. This is much appreciated! We continue to investigate the issue, however, we have not been able to reproduce it successfully yet.

If you still see this occurring in your game and do not mind sharing a save file with us, that would be super helpful as it would enable our team to gather further information about why this keeps happening to your Sims! Wondering

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share save files with our team.

Thank so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (415 Views)