Re: Pets asking for food despite full food bowl

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Yes, pet eats when told. No issues there.

Message 10 of 32 (1,631 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @mariah6194

thanks

yeah, than I'm guessing it's the same issue as this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 32 (1,623 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I noticed this too, and also noticed the dog was fascinated with the fireplace too in the same house. I'd prefer not to remove the fireplace with Seasons since it's a way to keep the house warm, but may have to try that to see if it works.  Are you still looking for saves, or did you get enough?

Thanks and regards, 

Jennifer

Message 12 of 32 (1,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So, I've did some splitting and merging as there seems to be multiple issues going on with dogs/cats not eating on their own.

There's a general thread here now: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pets-won-t-eat-unless-they-re-told-to/td-p/6904830

and I've merged all posts about the fireplace in here

@mariah6194 Not sure into which category yours fits. Could you let me know so I can move yours to the appropriate place ? Thank you.

Also added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 32 (1,521 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there!

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? Could you share your save files with us?

Here's how! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much! Standard smile

Message 15 of 32 (1,479 Views)

Hero

Anyone still has this in their game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 32 (1,425 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey,

Not sure if this thread is dead, but, this has happened to me as well! The cat refused to eat until I called him to it, wouldn't use his litter box, wouldn't go to sleep...

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, up to and including Realm of Magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a lit fireplace on the lot, have a pet with the "Obsessed with fire" hidden trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet keeps obsessing over / investigating the fireplace and does not tend to its needs. 
What do you expect to see? The obsession interaction to happen every now and then, but not spamming in a loop; the needs should be more important than the obsessive behaviour.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not at the time I found the bug.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

Eventually I installed a mod that allows me to control pets to force him to take care of himself (just to be clear, I added the mod *after* I noticed the bug, so that wasn't the cause) but still the "Obsess - Investigate" interaction keeps spawning in a loop, even if he's hungry / drowsy / etc.

Here is the save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cx5C48F0H1DNKEdGLC4CSOYFR_e5v0sT

And I'm including a screenshot as well showing the interaction: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jc8m_bv9Tz9HVozppKTJPC86EcGG3alm

Message 17 of 32 (1,302 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Dogs won't eat unless they're told to

★★★ Newbie

I play with the xbox1 and I'm also seeing the same obsessive behavior to the same degree. It does seem like a big my dogs do not have the obsessive trait and they all do this. Besides my really have never been afraid of our fireplaces, furnace, computers or tvs, it's a bit more then irritating. 

Message 18 of 32 (1,103 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did you see the replies before yours (from July) linking to another thread? That might have some solutions to your problem. Otherwise you might be able to resetSim on the animal. 

Message 19 of 32 (1,061 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets obsessed with fireplace

★ Guide

I guess this is just always going to be a thing? I've seen my cats endlessly spam a fireplace icon as they sit in front of it, constantly collapsing from starvation. I don't want to have to micromanage feeding pets when I'm never allowed to even see their need bars, it's asinine. Things like this make having pets more trouble than they're worth, which is pretty silly given they're kind of a central point to the entire expansion. They will eat when told or on the occasion they're not obsessing with the fireplace, but this is rare and only happens in brief windows on reload/travel.

Message 20 of 32 (972 Views)