Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [CD] Pets obsessed with fireplace

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Seasons and Laundry.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the fireplace, upgrade with Auto-light function, on lot then light it.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can see dogs with fireplace obsessions constantly watch fire and jump with excitement 24/7. The dogs neglect the needs of hunger and sleep. Will fall unconsciously then wake up to continue constantly watch fire. Even put dog to sleep on a doggy bed then gets out instantly and CONTINUE WATCH FIRE. Bug Happen when the fireplace is lit
What do you expect to see? Back on track when it's time to eat or sleep. Not OVERBOARD Level of obsessiveness to fireplace when lit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As described above. Bug Happen when the fireplace is lit. Note that I've 4 dogs in my game, 2 adults both F & M and 2 puppies both F & M too, the weird behavior happens to the female members

Further note: I've look on the source of the bug with mod and found out both my adult-female dog and female puppy have the trait of "Obsessed with Fire". which means the intense level of this obsession sets way~~~ overboard! Please do tone down this obsession to allow the dogs attend the necessary needs.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 13 of 34 (9,241 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cat Glitch or Fireplace Glitch

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

Just letting you know we no longer need saves for this issue.  The team will investigate.  Thank you.

View in thread

Message 29 of 34 (2,630 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] [CD] Pets won't eat unless they're told to

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for Jungle Adventure and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own a pet that is hungry.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once my pets get hungry, they just whimper until I get the notification that they're hungry despite the full, accessible bowls right in front of them. They will not eat unless I use the option to call them to eat. I removed all of my CC. I reset the bowls. I reset the dogs. I sold the bowls and bought new ones. I moved the bowls around. They will not eat. I installed the Playable Pets mod, and I made the following observation: when there's an empty bowl, I can click on the auto-solve button, the action will queue and they will walk over to the empty bowl with the thinking bubble over their head. However, as soon as the bowl is full, nothing happens at all and the action won't even show up in the queue. Once there's one full bowl and one empty bowl, the pets will ignore the full bowl and whimper at the empty one.
What do you expect to see? My pets auto-solving their hunger need.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌See above.

Message 1 of 34 (9,844 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Dogs won't eat unless they're told to

★ Guide

does your pet have an unhealthy obsession with a fireplace in your sims home?

asking because I had an issue with pets where they wouldn't eat unless told and wouldn't pee outside unless told (even though they already learned how). they would whimper and all that stuff. I discovered that it was an obsession with the fireplace that was queue stomping both of those things causing the actions to be cancelled every time. I turned off the fireplace and the issue went away, this made me remove all the fireplaces in homes where pets had a fireplace obsession. granted this was a month ago, so might not help you, but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Message 2 of 34 (10,311 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh my God, you were right! They absolutely did have an unhealthy obsession with the fireplace. I turned it off and now they're eating again! Shame because I love fireplaces. Wish you could work on their quirks with them, but oh well. Thank you so much! 

Message 3 of 34 (9,726 Views)

Hero
Hm, still sounds like a bug to me.

Tagging as unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (9,719 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @gaarrus @nottsgman 

Thank you both for the info!. We will investigate this at our end.

And thank you Crin, as always Standard smile

Happy Simming! 

Message 5 of 34 (9,687 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @gaarrus @nottsgman

We tried to reproduce the issue with the fireplace at our end but we were unable.

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Also, do your pets have the sleuth trait?

Thank you very much!

Message 6 of 34 (9,623 Views)

Hero

Added this but tagging @gaarrus and @nottsgman for saves

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (9,469 Views)

Pets asking for food despite full food bowl

★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask pet "what's wrong" or receive notification that pet is hungry and needs to be fed. Check food bowl to see if it's full/empty.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pet whines, I run the "what's wrong?" interaction (or the game notifies me that my pet is very hungry and needs food) then check the food bowl. There's food in it already.
What do you expect to see? The pet reacting appropriately to a empty or full bowl of food.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

1. Product: The Sims 4
    How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
    What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask pet "what's wrong?" or receive notification that pet is hungry. Check contents of food bowl.
    What happens when the bug occurs? I'll ask my pet "what's wrong" or I'll get the notification warning me to feed my pet. I'll notice that there is food in the dish and this shouldn't be happening.
    What do you expect to see? Pets should only be whining about low hunger if there is no food on the lot.
    Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 8 of 34 (9,314 Views)

Re: Pets asking for food despite full food bowl

[ Edited ]
Hero

Merged your post for now but does the dog eat when you tell him too ?

@mariah6194 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 34 (9,293 Views)