pet fat/fit issus

by batresko217

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Pets not showing fatness + increased belly size (slider use)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a dog with the fatness slider turned all the way up and then view it in game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dog does not appear as large as it does in CAS, appearing as if the slider was all the way down.
What do you expect to see? A fat-as-heck dog ingame.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been going on for quite a while, but I'm just now getting to posting it.

I've noticed that despite maxing the fitness sliders to max for my dog here, as well as increasing the size of their tummy to the max in CAS, they don't appear so in game.
They've been played in game for a good while now, and have been aged down after aging up, though even since the beginning, they never appeared as fat as they have been made in CAS. There are no mods installed.

Message 10 of 26 (2,396 Views)

pet fat/fit issus

★★★ Novice

hello every body.. i am a sims 4 player and i love that game ... recently  noticed a problem with the game that is that the pets fat/fit look different in cas than the gameplay and i have a photos to explain that .

these is my dog  in gameplay 

11.jpg

and these is the same dog in cas with the same fat and fit 

2211.jpg

that is so weird for me so any one have the same problem ?!!! 

Message 1 of 26 (2,159 Views)

Re: pet fat/fit issus

[ Edited ]
Champion

@batresko217 Can you clarify a few things please? I am wondering if, even though they may be registering as the same fitness and fat, if there may be any other differences? I am wondering about reasons for these differences I notice:

• One (bottom) appears to have a higher graphics quality/resolution. You can try playing with your graphics resolution settings in-game to see if this increases the accuracy there. Can you share your graphics settings for the game?
  • Are they different ages? Has the in-game dog been played at all (no matter how minor) - or are these exactly the same time in-game and in-CAS?
  • If there is any difference in play-time with them, no matter how minor, is it possible that one is more close (in play) to moving up (or down) in 'fitness/fat'. If memory serves in regards to sims there can be subtle physical changes that can be noticed before the actual fitness level changes, etc. (This would only possibly come into play if the CAS screenshot was not at the exact time as the live-game one.)

Anyway... this may help if I could clarify these things or other differences that may come to mind. Also, do you have Mods/CC? I will check on if there are known bugs on this issue.

In my game I don't see a fitness difference, though the graphics are a bit better in CAS. I would see these two as the same fitness level, though the one in CAS shows more definition to muscle tone and features/fur/contour since the graphics are apparently better there. (Though in my game the graphics in-game are still quite decent.) The in-game shot was taken immediately upon loading the household to the lot, so they were only played a few seconds. I tested with two dogs in this household, but only am posting the one. Same results on both.

CAS - boxerGAME boxer

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 26 (2,127 Views)

★★★ Novice

it is the same dog in the same moment ... i take a photo to the dog in play mode and then in the same time get it back to cas and take a photo !

i have a cc mods but i try to move them out and try to do it again ... still the same thing ..... i play on ultra graphics with nivedia gtx 1050force 

Message 3 of 26 (2,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@batresko217 Can we try a few things then?

The large, recent patch/update brought in many changes. These types of changes effect many aspects of the game. Mods and CC involve code that can sometimes clash with the updated game code, and even cause damage, if not properly updated to match the new changes in the game's codes. Even after you remove the Mods/CC, sometimes damage can linger in the game code that can be addressed by removing cache and repairing. I would recommend that you do the following in this order:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If It fixes the situation I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Also, would you be willing to upload your dog to the community gallery then provide me the exact name of the household plus your gallery username ID? This would allow me the opportunity to see if I can replicate this in my game.

Message 4 of 26 (2,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

first of all i want to thank you for your replaying ...

i did all what you say and start the game after all that without any mod

but the issus still the same for me !!!

i had uploaded the household to the gallery under " widness" name and my username :-  Batresko217

Message 5 of 26 (2,091 Views)

Champion

@batresko217 I can confirm that it seems that I see the same differences in my game, so I guess this is how the dog will look in-game, regardless. It is normal to see differences (lower res, ets) in-game than in CAS, but I agree, it does end up in this case looking like the dog is less muscular. Following is what I see in CAS and in-game with your dog: 

CAS:
CAS.jpg

In-Game:
game.jpg

Message 6 of 26 (2,075 Views)

★★★ Novice

i dont know what exactly my problem but i had seen that the pregnant dogs is the only one who can be fat and fit all the others look like that the physique sliders in cas in the minimum even if it set up to the max !!

i reinstall all the game and removed all the mods then run it it it the same problem with the pets ! 

i had read that it is from the graphic card so i set the settings to the best 

but still the same 

(i have a nvidia gtx 1050 )

i really dont know what really going on ! 

Message 7 of 26 (2,034 Views)

Champion

@batresko217 That is an excellent point... if the dog is pregnant, or was recently pregnant, that may explain the issue.

Message 8 of 26 (2,028 Views)

★★★ Novice

the pregnant dogs is the only one that look fat all the others look thin and no muscles even if the cas sliders are to the max !!

Message 9 of 26 (2,017 Views)