by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Pet still greyed out after going missing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dog runs away, you save and leave the game, dog still says missing but is on home lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Can interact with dog like normal, but can’t go on walks or call to eat
What do you expect to see? pet still missing and I’m able to post a missing poster
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello! I was wondering if any one has a new solution to this glitch? I’ve been seeing around that it should’ve been patched in 1.42 I think but my version is now 1.52 and I’ve still got the glitch. My dog ran away many saves ago, I’m thinking I saved the game and quit. I’m trying to neglect my pet hoping for it to run away because I’ve also seen people say that once they come back, the pet’s UI is back to normal, however my pet is just in a never-ending loop where he just runs from owner to owner with the leash icon. Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 26 (3,358 Views)

Re: Pet missing glitch

Hero
@csolomonn So the dog ran away before patch 1.42 when it was fixed or after ?

Maybe it wasn't fixed for legacy saves and they still are missing on those.

Did you try moving out the entire family and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (3,290 Views)

★★ Novice

It was after, and may I ask what legacy saves are and how I can maybe locate them? 

I have tried moving the family out and back in, I’ve also tried moving the dog between families. 

Message 3 of 26 (3,283 Views)

Hero
@csolomonn legacy saves are saves started a while ago. Legacy (old) vs. new saves started after a certain patch.

Sometimes bugs are only fixed on new saves but not on old. So for your issue it would be: The dog ran away before the patch that fixed it but it didn't make the dog come back. So the bug could still be fixed although you still see it.

If it happened after the bug was fixed, then there could still be issues.

Do you know after which patch it happened ? Recently ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (3,279 Views)

★★ Novice

Ohhhh I see. I just started playing Sims again maybe a week ago after a few months of not playing it and it updated then, so I'm not quite sure which patch it glitched in. I also play a bunch of different households so it could've been a while ago that the dog ran away and it glitched.

Message 5 of 26 (3,256 Views)

Hero

OK. That sounds like it's still happening then.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (3,242 Views)

★★ Novice

Sent you a PM

Message 7 of 26 (3,205 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@csolomonn Yes, sorry. Didn't have any time to check it out yesterday. I'll do it in the afternoon.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (3,203 Views)

Hero
@csolomonn Did you ever get an Error 131 on your save ? That's the error they fixed so maybe it's something different in your case that just gives the same symptoms.

Only way I found was to replace the dog from a new copy through CAS.

I'll mark as needs input to see if other users still experince this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (3,179 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I never got the Error 131.

Ah okay, thanks for your help!

Message 10 of 26 (3,156 Views)