Re: [CD][PH] Children don't eat lunch while their parents stay in a vet

by bunniesaremagic

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] [PH] Children don't eat lunch while parents stay in a vet lot

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of the packs available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a family of at least one adult and one child. In the morning, make sure a child is (very) hungry and make it pack a lunch bag for school. Once the child leaves for school, travel to player owned vet clinic and open it with your sim. At the end of the school day call the child to come to the vet lot. You will notice that the child is still very hungry and did not eat their lunch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Children ignore lunches provided to them by the player and carry on being hungry at school.
What do you expect to see? I expect the child to eat their lunch as they used to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi! This is not a crazy game breaking bug, but it is rather inconvenient and I am wondering if anyone came across something like that? The situation is VERY specific, so I thought it may be worth mentioning, otherwise it may be slipping through Sims' team QA forever.

The bug occurs in the combination of Parenthood and Cats&Dogs. If my sim is at their vet clinic and their child is at school, the child will not eat lunch provided no matter how hungry they get.

It occurs to me 100% of time. So far my children can still eat lunch if they parents do not go to the clinic... Which kind of defeats the purpose of them being vets Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (1,861 Views)

Re: [TO TEST][CD][PH] Children don't eat lunch while their parents stay in a vet

Hero

Giving this a nudge as I didn't have the time to test this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,763 Views)

Hero

I've added this although it might be a bit more general.

My child Sim also didn't solve their bladder need while at school

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,746 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] [PH] Children don't eat lunch while their parents stay in a vet

★★★★ Novice

It also happens if one sim actively works in the scientist career so I am guessing it has to do with simply not being on your home lot.

Message 4 of 6 (1,675 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

It actually just got worse for me since last patch. No sim of mine will eat their lunch while at work. Adults, teenagers, kids, home lot or not, lunch gets ignored.

Message 5 of 6 (1,659 Views)

Hero
There's a bug with lunch packs that if they do eat it, they will come back home from work. So better not to pack any for the moment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,652 Views)