Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Household picture of households with pets changes in the libr

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Library Household picture of households with pets changes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household with a pet. [Update: Paint the pet in paint mode] Before saving the household to the library remember the household picture. Save the household to the library. Go to the library and check the picture. The picture in the library will be a newly randomized one and therefore usually different. Upload the household to the gallery. The picture will be once again the one you chose before saving your household to the library.
What happens when the bug occurs? When saving a household with a [Update: painted] pet to the library the household picture is newly randomized in the library. After uploading the household to the gallery the correct, originally chosen picture is displayed in the gallery. The problem does not occur for household without pets.
What do you expect to see? Originally chosen household picture for household with pets in the library.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cats and dogs expansion pack.

It's a minor issue, but it has been bugging me. I also remember this issue appeared with households without pets a while ago, but I can't find any thread where it's been discussed.

Message 1 of 12 (780 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Household picture of households with pets changes in the libr

Hero

Hi @SimplyAnjuta

seems to work ok for me.

Does it do this with all pets ? Or maybe just large dogs, just small dogs or just cats ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (755 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [CD] Library Household picture of households with pets change

Hero

Nudge above bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (739 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [CD] Library Household picture of households with pets change

★★★ Guide

Hm it took me some time to post the report and now I can’t reproduce this neither. Maybe the november 15th batch took care of it. I also repaired my game in the meantime (due to some other issues) - maybe this did the trick. 

But I want to retest this with a working connection to the gallery (today I can't get it to work, something seems off).

Did you have a working connection when testing?

In any case thank you for your help!

Message 4 of 12 (732 Views)

Hero

It was working at the time but it's been on and off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I think I got closer to the problem now... So for about 10 minutes my connection worked and I downloaded various pets from the gallery and then tried saving them to the library. I noticed that the problem only occurs with pets that have been painted in paint mode.

Message 6 of 12 (718 Views)

Hero

Ah, ok. I'll try that once Maintenance is over (or tomorrow)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thank you! You also can just pick a random pet in CAS and put some paint on it.

Message 8 of 12 (704 Views)

Hero

I will need to postpone to tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (696 Views)

Re: [CD] Library Household picture of households with pets change

Hero

Added some really nice paint to my dog (hmpf) and yes, I can duplicate your issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (683 Views)