by missdeefying

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Household members autonomously coming to vet clinic

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vet clinic and a multiple sim household. Take one household member to the vet clinic. Other household members will just show up, whether or not the clinic is open (more frequently when open, though).
What happens when the bug occurs? Members of the household who were not deliberately taken to the vet clinic will just show up, sometimes leaving work or school early to do so.
What do you expect to see? Household sims not coming to the vet clinic unless I manually bring them there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a household of six sims, and run a vet clinic.

Basically every time I open the vet clinic, household sims I have not manually taken to the clinic will just show up there autonomously, frequently dumping tasks they're supposed to be completing in the process.

They have come from home when they're supposed to be tending to their needs or working on skills, from school, from after school activities, and from work in the middle of a work day. Sometimes only one unwanted sim will appear, sometimes multiple sims at the same time. Over the course of the day, I'll have from one to four sims appear without me commanding it and have to send them home again.

I've taken multiple pay and performance losses from incomplete work days because of this.

ETA: This is subjective, but I think it happens more often when the clinic is open than when it's closed, but it will happen regardless of whether the clinic is open - as long as at least one household sim is on the lot and other household sims aren't.

Message 1 of 6 (639 Views)

Re: Household members autonomously coming to vet clinic

Hero
@missdeefying Did you give the ones appearing house keys at some point ?

From what you're saying it seems to affect all household members though ? Do they come right away when you travel or just later on ? What do they do ? Do they bring pets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (615 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It's happened to household members with and without keys.

In general, they just appear over the course of the day.

I will occassionally have someone just show up right after I bring the desired sim or sims, but sometimes it will be an hour, two hours, even five hours. There doesn't seem to be a trigger.

They'll just do whatever autonomous tasks they feel like. Cleaning, singing, viewing plants, watching tv, grabbing food.

I don't have any pets in the household, so I don't know if it affects pets.
Message 3 of 6 (592 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@missdeefying I guess a save for this would be helpful. I won't have time to check it myself but I'll forward it to QA.

Please retest on yesterday's patch though.

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (575 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  Thanks very much for your help, and I hope you have/had a good break.

I've updated my original post with my game version.

However, I've played through three sim days at the vet clinic since the most recent patch, and the problem has not recurred yet.

I'll keep an eye on it, and if it doesn't happen again, hopefully it'll be safe to mark it as being resolved. I'll let you know.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Message 5 of 6 (533 Views)

Hero
@missdeefying That's good to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (501 Views)