by simvasion

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] [GF] Option for walking dog disappears while livestreaming

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on dog for options, click pet care option to walk dog is not there. Option to leash dog is not anywhere or click on feel the love
What happens when the bug occurs? My dog whines and the bubble over her shows the leash, or I simply want my sim to walk the dog. I click on the dog for my options, then pet care and the option to walk the dog is not there. There is also no option to leash the dog. The option will eventually come up, but it will go away again. I do nothing different to make the option come back, it is very random, but more often than not it neither option is there. Also when I click on the feel the love option, nothing happens, my Sim just stands there until I cancel the action. This happens every time and I have stopped using that option.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the option for walk the dog or leash and I expect my Sim to feel the love
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch from 11/20/18

Message 1 of 11 (1,447 Views)

Re: The option for walking the dog disappears

★ Guide

I think I found the problem.  You can not do a live stream before walking the dog.  Each time I tried to live stream and then tried walking the dog the dog did not come up as an option, but if I tried to walk the dog and then did live stream I had no problem.  Not sure if this causes the feel the love problem or not as that interaction was not an option during the time I played tonight.

Message 2 of 11 (1,405 Views)

Hero

Hi @Jan_831

tested this and just to be sure: You can't walk the dog WHILE live streaming if you choose live streaming first, right ? As soon as you turn off live streaming the option is back ?

If so, that I can duplicate. I'll add this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (1,375 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin,

Yes, I was unable to walk the dog If I was live streaming first, once I turned of the live stream the option came back.  

Message 4 of 11 (1,356 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the feedback.

yes, seeing that too. Will add.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,344 Views)

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,329 Views)

Champion
It sounds like the drone following you uses the same game mechanic as leashing to the dog, and you can't leash both at the same time.
Message 7 of 11 (1,316 Views)

Hero
It does work if you leash first and then drone

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,297 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, it does.

Message 9 of 11 (1,280 Views)

Re: [GF] Sim can't swim and stream at the same time

★★★ Novice
@Baammiiee I've had a similar issue where my sim is unable to continue walking his dog while streaming. instead will stand with his dog until I end the stream action.
Message 10 of 11 (690 Views)