[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Fur details blurry and distorted after leaving Paint Mode

by pureedboot

Original Post

Re: Fur details become blurry and distorted after leaving Paint Mode in CAP

Hero

There's an issue with pets turning completely black. Maybe it's related in some way

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Would the Uncompressed Sim Textures option affect CAS if it's turned off? I wouldn't be able to test on pets, myself.

Message 12 of 19 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm a very bad judge of this but if I do this, paint mode looks as crappy, I think

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (774 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have uncompressed textures enabled. I could try switching it off but I'd imagine it'd only make it look worse?

Message 14 of 19 (768 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Fur details become blurry and distorted after leaving Paint Mode

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (757 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Fur details become blurry and distorted after leaving Paint Mode

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Can confirm I have this issue too, just spent hours painting husky patterns, only to realise my red husky's texture went distorted as soon as I left paint mode.

Mods: yes (will test without)
PC: high end AMD 390 GPU, intel i5 4450, sims 4 settings all highest possible.

I can take some photos later but it looks very similar to the ones posted already (kinda red/greenish distortion and blurry). Interestingly enough this issue does not appear to happen for my hand painted black and white husky. Maybe it has something to do with the red colour?

--

On a sidenote, I do love the new paint system, much better customization than sims 3, though I would like to see layers coming back. But it's better and the inheriting of painted patterns from parents is way way better than sims 3 so kudos for that Standard smile
Message 16 of 19 (748 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is the closest thread I can find to add my issue to, hope that's alright...
My issue is when trying to correct my preferred coat colour on my senior dog; it's too grey so I go into paint coat and fix the majority of the fur back to black, adding in his grey where applicable. When I back out of paint, it reverses all my efforts back to default. A very grey senior dog. I have no mods or cc, have never used them. Bear with me while I attempt to attach pictures. (long time user, newbie poster)

Message 17 of 19 (690 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Fur details blurry and distorted after leaving Paint Mode

★★ Guide

Same here. Worked normal at first now it just pixelates.. Confused

Message 18 of 19 (537 Views)

Cats & dogs coats glitched after painting them in paint mode

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one except cottage living, luxury party stuff, and bowling night stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By customizing a cat or a dog's coat in paint mode
What happens when the bug occurs? After you customize a cat or a dog in paint mode, well once you come back to it or go to edit mode or place that household in CAS the cat or dog you customized, their coat is completely glitched and looks weird and also replaced with another coat but really glitched and weird looking
What do you expect to see? I customize a cat or dog in paint mode, I come back to it, either from placing that household in CAS or from edit mode, and the coat that I customized is completely glitched looking so glitched and weird and absolutely not looking like how you customized it before
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

img_20210802_114144741

Before picture of Ho-bak

• I have before and after pictures of the animals 
Message 19 of 19 (437 Views)