by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Fur details blurry and distorted after leaving Paint Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, all GPs, all SPs except for Spooky Stuff, Fitness Stuff + Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into Paint Mode and paint on some small details, especially on the face and around the eyes. Then leave Paint Mode and observe the changes. It appears as though the texture is being compressed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Previously clear painted-on fur details become low res, blurry and the colours become distorted (e.g. random pink and green spots on the fur). I'm not sure if this only affects darker coloured pets or all colours.
What do you expect to see? No changes at all. The fur should look exactly the same in Paint Mode as it does once I exit it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Dog becomes blurry around the eyes 

before.pngafter.png

Message 1 of 19 (1,915 Views)

Re: Fur details become blurry and distorted after leaving Paint Mode in CAP

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (1,869 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

DxDiag file is attached. I run the game on the highest settings usually & don't seem to have any other graphical issues.

Message 3 of 19 (1,866 Views)

Hero

And the game runs on your card, not your chip ?

How do they look in live mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (1,857 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, the game runs using the Nvidia card. This is the dog from the previous images in-game:

screenshot.png

I'd say the details are even more blurred here, but if you look closely the pinkish spots above the eyes are still present, as they are in CAP.

Message 5 of 19 (1,853 Views)

Hero

@pureedboot Do you have your dog uploaded in the gallery so I could check how it looks for me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (1,819 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've uploaded him for you to take a look at. My Origin ID is jadeisallama, you should be able to find him in my catalog Standard smile

Message 7 of 19 (1,814 Views)

Hero

Great. I'll take a look later today

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (1,806 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

PaintMode.png

CAP.png

Looks better but still slightly blurry @pureedboot

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (1,798 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yep, you can see the colour & texture distortion is still present. Could look slightly worse in my screenshots because I brightened them up.

I'm wondering if it's some sort of issue with layering different paints on top of each other? Because pre-made dog breeds seem to look OK, but once you start trying to paint things on yourself, this happens. I actually originally painted on a darker stripe on this dog's back, but removed it because once I left paint mode it turned into a big ugly block of colour and lost all the feathering that was originally there.

Message 10 of 19 (1,792 Views)