by Nindigo79

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Dogs stays awake all night, collapse several times

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a dog and a dog bed, get your Sim to go to sleep at night
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog stands with its hind legs on the pet bed and its front legs on the floor during the entire night. It collapses from exhaution up to a couple of times. Upon waking up from passing out, it resumes the position. It can be interacted with as normally, when my Sim wakes up.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to lie down on the pet bed or somewhere else and go to sleep.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played with Cats & Dogs for a while, so I cannot be sure when the problem began. The issue has occured in two different households now and consistently every night. As always, I have done what I can on my end - deleted cache files, cleared out the mods folder, updated and repaired the game at least once. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 38 (10,251 Views)

Re: Dogs stays awake all night, collapse several times

Hero
@Nindigo79 Could you please also test a new save that never saw any mods ?

I would think that would get more reports if it was widespread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (10,176 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict This is a new save. I haven't had mods installed since IL was released. I can't do anything further short of re-installing the game.
Message 3 of 38 (10,168 Views)

Hero
@Nindigo79 Let's see if someone else experiences this then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (10,162 Views)

★ Guide

This happened on one of my legacy saves, but only to one dog (has not happened to cats). The dog was an adopted Toy Spaniel, if it matters.The dog in question seemed particularly needy, constantly needing attention and busting into my sims' queue for praise, and thinking about going for a walk while my sims slept until it passed out. After it died, the family got a new dog and that one has not collapsed (bulldog). That save is heavily modded, though, and I was unable to play it without mods/CC or an entire bedroom will disappear (pufferhead). 

I have also seen this occasionally on reddit, but there hasn't been an AHQ report to link to (getting someone to click a Me Too button is hard but easier than asking them to fill out a whole bug report, especially if they can live with the bug).

I'm distracted with IL at the moment, but I can add a dog on my vanilla test save without mods when I have some spare time and can report back. Give me a few days, lots of irl stuff going on.

Message 5 of 38 (10,130 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (10,101 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dogs stays awake all night, collapse several times

★ Guide

I’m having the same issue kind of, my dog just stays up all night long while the sims are sleeping and then it will collapse and fall asleep for about a sim hour but as soon as one of my sims wakes up the dog is suddenly up and then running to them and “whining” but they can’t ask him what’s wrong and i make sure he’s walked and fed everyday. Also he has a pet bed but i keep finding him passed out in the weirdest places he refuses to use his bed

Message 7 of 38 (10,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Most of the time (90%)?
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Nearly everything, minus the Bowling Night Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Vampires, Jungle Adventure and Strangerville packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I adopted a fox from the Adopt a Pet interaction on the PC. After a successful adoption process, I went about training the fox and set out a pet bed in the house. I guess the fox is technically a small dog, and I'm using the small, round pet bed. Haven't tried the larger one. It seems to be more of an issue in the evenings.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog will frequently pass out with exhaustion, and a sad tune will play. Even if I ask a Sim to instruct the dog to lay down on his pet bed, the dog appears to disobey, and the Sim stamps their foot in annoyance. I've tried this as many times as 10 in a row, to make sure it wasn't simply a chance of the dog disobeying a command. At night, when the Sims are sleeping, the dog will choose a random spot in the house to stand, and it will stand all through the night until it passes out. I have moved the bed to various locations to make sure it isn't a pathing problem, and I HAVE seen the fox occasionally use the bed, during the day. But he won't accept commands to lie down, and passes out in the night. Sometimes when he wakes up after passing out, I can take him for a walk and he seems fine, as if he does have enough energy despite only laying down for a few seconds after passing out. 
What do you expect to see? I expect to see him using the bed when tired, and if not tired at night, doing other things around the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never had custom content.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I don't remember having the issue before, certainly not the problem where the pet won't lie down when instructed. But I'm not sure whether I've had a small dog before. It's the first pet I've had with the Island Living expansion.

Message 8 of 38 (10,052 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue too, in a game with no mods/cc. I originally thought it was the stereo preventing the dog from sleeping, but after removing the stereo it was still occurring. Dog had the option of sofa, bed, or pet bed & would stand there & ignore them until passing out. Almost but not quite every night.

Message 9 of 38 (10,036 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this, could anyone possibly share a save file? Thanks so much for the help! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 38 (9,998 Views)