Re: Dogs don't go to potty if there are stairs

by SheriGR

Original Post

★★ Pro

@SheriGR  I have to admit. I find it really confusing that there would be a lot using grass tiles instead of just letting the grass show through. I've never used that lot before so I had absolutely no idea that could be a problem. Admittedly, things like this are the reason why I like visiting the bug forums. I learn new things. I admittedly wonder now if there are other lots that put tile everywhere, even grass tiles over grass.

Now here is a question. Say someone took the time to get rid of all the grass tiles and upload a lot without them. Would putting that uploaded lot down over a tiled lot get rid of them since the upload doesn't have them?

Message 11 of 15 (663 Views)

Champion

@PriestessAvenara  Yes, placing a lot on that lot should overwrite all content, lot traits, flooring & terrain with the new ones. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 12 of 15 (654 Views)

Hero
@JuliaChang93 I tested those two lots and can duplicate the issue.

I wonder if it has to do with the steps going up to the second story for one lot and the complexity of the second stairs for the Sulani lot that makes the dog route fail.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 15 (636 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict Thanks for checking the lots out! Maybe it is just my luck the houses i felt in love with always have this problem lol...But those are also very popular houses on the gallery so i am a bit surprised that there is only one person checked "me too" button... :/

@SheriGR Oh, i understand, thanks for the explanation. Sledgehammer tool does not identify anything as a tile so i think no grass tiles had been used on this lot also. Seems like there is no workaround for this *sigh*

@PriestessAvenara since this house does not have any backyard area / garden (only some balconies on back) i cannot choose these doors as other main doors :/ well, i will try moving in another house because everything i tried so far has its own * or they did not work either; just hoping not to experience this poop issue again :'(

Message 14 of 15 (593 Views)

Dogs cant take the stairs to go potty by themselves or when instructed (ECO)

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.104.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in the appartements in the quarry neighborhood in Evergreen Harbour. Have a dog that knows how to potty. They wont do it themselves and cry to go pee.
What happens when the bug occurs? When seeing my dog wanting to pee I decided to ask him to go potty, and the dog had a bubble above his head showing a routing failure. The only option is to take the dog on leash instruct the sim to go downstairs with the dog and have him potty this way.
What do you expect to see? Dogs that automatically go pee by themselves when learned, without routing failure because of stairs. And also, I want to see my dog going potty if asked and not having routing issue because of stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is an old bug that needs a fix, thanks.

Message 15 of 15 (223 Views)