Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Dog constantly whining

by unmog

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I am sorry I canot send what you want.

I had to delete the game for some other reasons, but before that I deleted the dog and gave it the same dog, but with another character and it all worked fine. But in the new complete game it started again. I used the same dog, but with another character and a dog constantly whining too. So I deleted the dog again and chose a different race and everything works as it should. I think the problem is not character but race, it  is West White Highland Terrier.

Sorry for my english Standard smile

Message 21 of 43 (2,226 Views)

Hero

Thanks for that input.

Tagging it as needs input for now. Maybe someone else can provide a save

@alanmichael1 do you remember what breed your dog was ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 43 (2,208 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there!

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? We have not been able to reproduce it so far.

Thanks and happy simming! :D

Message 23 of 43 (2,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

[quote]Is anyone still experiencing this issue? We have not been able to reproduce it so far[/quote]

Yes I'm having this same issue... hope I'm not too late in replying here?

Basically the dog whines a lot to get walked. Walking a dog takes a looooong time [measured in sim hours] for it to be content finally. But everyday its the same thing, wanting more walks and just whining all day. I even tried changing the dogs traits figuring it had something to do with the loyal trait. My only reprieve is to tell it to go hunt so it stops bothering me. If this is working as designed then the design is incredibly annoying, so I figure there is most likely something wrong.

I have tried the independent trait, still bugged me even after I had the dog walk itself. I tried the couch potato trait, still constantly wanted constant walks. I tried adventurous in hopes she would go out more on her own, still just wanted to whine at me. I tried slueth in hopes that she would be more interested in other things around the house, nope. I havent tried deleting the dog and making a new one however but I can try that next I guess, I figure something about the dog must be broken... I dont remember but maybe the dog was originally with the active trait and something about the trait is broken and never goes away even after its changed? I don't know, but the active trait says it likes walks so maybe, even tho I dont remember giving it the active trait.

In my own opinion, I think maybe it has to do with small dog breeds particularly? From what I've seen of other's videos and such it seems that they all had small dogs in common. Also as an aside, it bothers me that my small dog cant sleep on the bed with me, but cats can? Maybe you could fix that as well? Other than that i've seen videos of sims dancing with larger dogs but I cant seem to do it with my small dog, so another case of small dog owners getting the shaft I guess.

Otherwise I looked up the information provided earlier about how to share save files, and if its so important its strange that when I try to upload it directly to the forum using the option under the reply box it says "Unsupported extension type". I suggest fixing it so one can easily upload save files to the forum.

So I made a link for you instead. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kobqGMrKv6AQVOt5rcxNERwHIawhXFcX

This is the first time I've uploaded a save file, I hope I uploaded the right file. There were many to choose from, so I used deductive reasoning to select the correct one.

As a last thought, I came here mostly to report a bug with tea and coffee causing sims to burn to death. But I guess Ill make my own topic for that since I haven't found one for it specifically.

Message 24 of 43 (2,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's never too late :D (well as long as a product still gets patches and is in development)

Thanks for your report and saves

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 43 (2,062 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also experience this problem in my game - also with a small breed dog. 

Message 26 of 43 (2,000 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dog constantly whining

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It started again and it is very irritating!!! I have a new dog with other traits, he is playful, smart and independent- but behaves very dependent, constantly requires attention, constantly afraid of something. He is taught to go himself pee atc. If you have children, a family, you do not have time to take care of him constantly. At parties, love calls - the dog always stay there and keeps on doing it! A large breed does not have an effect, also tested with the same result. Please do something with this!!!

Message 27 of 43 (1,952 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Message 28 of 43 (1,942 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @JSpaxcz 

Would you be able to send us that save file?

We were able to see the behavior, however, the dog stop whinning as soon as we take it for a walk :S

And we have not been able to reproduce this at our end on a new save. 

Thanks for the help! Lets see if we can finnaly get to the bottom of this! Standard smile

Message 29 of 43 (1,931 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Just wanted to post an update that we've still had trouble reproducing this issue. If anyone has seen this recently, and can share a save file, it'd be incredibly appreciated, thanks so much! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 30 of 43 (1,855 Views)