by crinrict

Original Post

Re: SIms 4 cats/kittens are now ALWAYS black and missing textures

Hero

Tagging @dalmansrule  for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 54 (2,016 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dog Became Blacked Out IN CAS After Loading From Library

★★★ Newbie

I have also been having this problem. I have all of the released expansion packs, the free holiday pack, and the game packs for Vampires and Strangerville. I run my game on PC. I don't use mods or CC. In my case, however, this has happened with pets I have made, saved to my library, and then when I opened them again to edit later, 3 out of the 4 I had made were entirely black. I noticed that all three of these were pets that I had customized with the paint tool and I didn't make complex patterns with said tool. For example, I just added a white stripe to a black dog to look like one of my dogs. I did notice that they lost the black-out graphic once I edited them again with the paint tool but I would like to be able to use those animals without having to edit them every single time. 

Also, I hope I did this correctly. This is my first time on the forum.

Message 12 of 54 (1,894 Views)

My dog goes black

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk, i just took a dog i had saved to the gallery and it came like this
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog just pops up without texture. However it only happens when i take it from the gallery
What do you expect to see? The dog appearing with the custom fur i gave it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Ruined_dog.pngPlease help me solve this. Love, Anita

Message 13 of 54 (1,908 Views)

Re: My dog goes black

Hero
@Anitalabrafvaz This is an old bug that still occurs with some existing dogs from the gallery. How long ago did you save the dog to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 54 (1,898 Views)

Re: My dog goes black

Hero
@Anitalabrafvaz Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 54 (1,864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just came back to the game, and I'm afraid I've been having the exact same issue with every animal I've painted and saved to my gallery/library. I'm not sure if anyone else is still facing this issue, but I don't know how to fix this. I really don't want to lose my work, please help!

Message 16 of 54 (1,799 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am also experiencing this issue. I just purchased the game back in April. These are pets that I created (one on which I drew custom markings, the other on which I didn't; however, both appear all black). In one attempt I made, the eyedropper tool worked, but as someone in a previous thread mentioned, I shouldn't have to edit my pets every time I want to add them to a household. The eyedropper tool also doesn't fix their avatars in-game (which still appear all black) nor their household preview photo.

I have never used mods/CC. I own expansion packs (City Living, Cats & Dogs), game packs (Spa Day, Parenthood, Realm of Magic), and stuff packs (Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, and Tiny Living). I see this has been an issue for years with no clear resolution. After my experience with error 134 and now this, I'm at my wit's end with this game.

Message 17 of 54 (1,770 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this issue recently too. I painted a tabby cat and then saved it to my library. Later, when I downloaded the household with the cat from my library into my CAS, the cat was all black. It was fixed by itself when I redownloaded the family though which is weird.

Message 18 of 54 (1,692 Views)

Re: SIms 4 cats/kittens are now ALWAYS black and missing textures

★★★ Newbie

I'm also experiencing this issue. All my painted pets, both in my save file and in my library, are now pitch black. The ones that aren't painted are unaffected. This goes for both pets I downloaded and pets I created myself.

Message 19 of 54 (1,645 Views)

Pets Blackened Silhouette since update 22/1/21

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Patched 22/2/2021
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Modifying pet in CAS Modify
What happens when the bug occurs? Pet loads as block-black silouette
What do you expect to see? Pet with pattern, green collar
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Game update 22/1/2021

Opening a saved household that contains a pet, the pets come out as black figures, no details or marks showing. Retrying the game and computer does not fix the issue. This has never happened since update 22/1/2021. The pet should have a white chest, paws and green collar. Re-adding from gallery does not fix. Looks how it should in gallery preview image. 

Message 20 of 54 (1,643 Views)