Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Cat is sending texts to my sims

by SamanthaSunny

Original Post

Re: My pet is sending texts to my sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

While playing again in the new save to find out about the pet calling bug I've noticed another bug. When training a cat to not jump on counters while they are on a counter it automatically teaches them to not jump on it but it also prevents them from jumping off of it as well. This is also true with tables as well. g. I had to go to buy mode move the object and the replace it.They no longer jumped on it so I thought, oh well, and continued playing in my last save. Resetting the object or animal didn't work. Didn't see a pattern till it happened on the new save. I also found that I could no longer brush my cat. It isn't listed anymore. I have no idea how long that has been happening. Noticed it in my last save and in the new save the option to brush is still missing. Fur balls are everywhere and I can only clean it repeatedly as a solution.

Message 10 of 22 (961 Views)

Hero
This issue might be related to that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-CD-Cats-getting-stuck-on-counters-and-other-furniture/...

Haven't heard of the brushing issue either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 22 (950 Views)

Hero

@MissEshia

thanks for the thread. I've merged your old thread into this (needed you to re-post cause of the template)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 22 (920 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Cat is sending texts to my sims

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 22 (873 Views)

★ Guide

I just got this too. My kid was out and was getting late when she had to be home at 9 PM. Cat send her a message that she should be home or she will get into trouble. Never happened before so first I laughed because it hasn't never happened but now I saw that is current problem for others too, I'm getting worried. It's not just a glitch 😖

Message 15 of 22 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have this in a limited form & didn't think of it as a bug until I saw this report.  In my game, when there's no human left at home but a child or teen is breaking a curfew (thus owning C&D & Parenthood are both necessary--plus you have to have a pet, the family bulletin board, & a curfew-time set)--when these conditions are met, the pet will call/text the child/teen when the curfew approaches, & warn of dire consequences if the naughty little sim doesn't come home right away.

(I do wish, when the child/teen is accompanied by one of the HH's adults/caretakers, that the curfew issue would drop.  You always have implicit permission to break the usual curfew when the adults who set the curfew have taken you to a venue and are not taking you home themselves!  But that's a separate issue, & I suspect a programming oversight or limit.)

edit:  typo

Message 16 of 22 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is so funny I am crying. But yes this happened to me. Particularly with the parenthood pack too, when a curfew was set and a teen was out late the cat would send a text to my sim to suggest for them to come home. Sometimes the parents were out with the underage sim but sometimes the parents were inside the house. I ended up completely disabling the curfew system because it made me so upset.

Message 17 of 22 (591 Views)

★ Guide
@MissEshia Despite it being annoying as well, it's also quite hilarious to me. I had a cat's hangout a few days ago and whenever a cat left my property they'd text me thanking me for hanging out with them. XD
Message 18 of 22 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Whenever my families are out to dinner (it takes so long it becomes past curfew) one of the pets will call to say it's almost curfew. In The Sims 3 if the parents were with the curfew would be ignored by the game, one more thing the sims 3 did better lol. But regardless my dog should not know simlish and should not be telling me I'm gonna be grounded for being 10 minutes late getting home from dinner with my parents????

Message 19 of 22 (490 Views)

[PH] [CD] [HR] Pets calling sims about curfew

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.332.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Dlc
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a cat, a dog or a horse in a household with a teen sim and a curfew set. Have the sim be on a public lot just before the time of the curfew (leave pet at home).
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet will phone the sim about the curfew when the time of the curfew approaches.
What do you expect to see? Only humans to phone sim about curfew.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Pets shouldn't have phones. Happens with Cats, Dogs and Horses. Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 9.43.12 pm.pngScreenshot 2024-03-03 at 9.42.56 pm.png

Message 20 of 22 (197 Views)